1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Late Night Woj Bomb) Tobias Harris traded to Philly.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 6, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Probably now Toronto will improve their offer to Memphis. They too have to do well in the playoffs to keep Kawhi.

2. NateNate

NateNate Member

Something tells me you would have been impressed had Morey managed to pull off the same moves. Philly is in the same position we are, as they feel they can win the title this year so they’re swinging for the fences.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I understand Simmons will need a max extension after next season. All I was saying is Philadelphia has the money to pay Harris and Butler this offseason. Plus, by the time it’s time to pay Simmons the max, they can stop paying Fultz nearly 10 million to do nothing.

As for the Clippers, I see this more as an offer that was simply too good to turn down. Their end game is to win the Anthony Davis sweepstakes.

#63 DVauthrin, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    red5rocket, ac in austin and jevjnd like this.
  4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

They're in very different positions. Morey emptied the chest for Cp3. Philly had a lot of theirs left over from the process. Can't shoot without bullets.

#64 lakersuck2, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    malakas likes this.
  5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If any of those teams are stupid enough to give Harris a max contract, they deserve what they get. He’s a third option at best on a championship team.

6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

That was their plan all along. Happy to see West is staying the course despite good results. Remember Phoenix, who wanted to tank but almost reached the playoffs with All-NBA season by Dragić? McDonough wanted to build on that, which proved a big mistake.
    West is no McD.

Nook, malakas and robbie380 like this.
  7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That pick from Miami could be pretty good, but it's a long way out. Does Tobias even truly fill a major hole for Philly? He's an excellent shooter, but Chandler was shooting pretty well also. Chandler is a better defender too. I haven't watched Philly like a hawk this year, but this does seem to be a pretty steep price for more offense and shooting for a guy who will be the 4th or 5th option and won't be handling the ball. I did see they are 25-11 with Chandler and 9-9 without him, but he is gonna be out a bit longer.

hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  8. NateNate

NateNate Member

Sorry, I was speaking on the teams goal and now they view themselves as contenders

9. malakas

malakas Member

I dont believe they can win a title and I dont think that Tobias is even a proper star. If it was someone like Beal thats tnother story.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Eh well they are. Especially BKN was almost a done deal before this trade.
    Thats why West would have traded him no matter what.
    Listen to the latest Lowe podcast, they predicted it would happen.

11. Why not?

Why not? Member

More shooters on the floor only makes Simmons that much more effective. Smart move.... bold. I hope we 1-up it!

Shark44 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Nice job seeing that. After you laid it out the odds do seem pretty strong for the Clips. I guess they could easily roll this up into some sort of 3 team deal.

malakas likes this.
  13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I get that and I understand but I think it's very unfair to compare ourselves to Philly and blame Morey for our lack of involvement in getting marquee players when Philly had to go through absolute crap for several years to amass the assets they've been cashing out on while we've been consistently in the playoffs mix for 2 decades. The easiest way into assets is sucking and we haven't done that for a while.

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That would be classic Jerry West.

malakas likes this.
  15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Doc likes to blowing up once every other year

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

For those who says why couldn’t we get Harris, who do you want to give to Philly, they are probably not interested in taking Clint and we are not going up Clint for Harris anyways.

Although I feel this is a waste. Philly is still not going to win whoever comes out of the west.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tilman is playing chess while the Sixers are playing basketball.

JVL713, BHannes2BHonest and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

They won’t keep Harris and Butler both.

whiskeyred and malakas like this.
  19. bmelo

bmelo Member

Now Im mad, why is Morey considered a genius when the hottest players on market always slip out of his hands? And don't give me assets crap because he signed every single contract on that team it just shows you how bad he operated(yeah i know we went to wcf, so what? we didn't and aren't in position to win chip right now)

20. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Harris is kinda thicc tho