1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Last two wins were deceiving, especially against the Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by code_red, Jan 9, 2009.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Who is "we all"? I certainly don't know that. Neither does JVG, apparently.

And I can guarantee the 12 guys who suit up in red every night don't know that, either.

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The Rockets played fine in the first half. The second half looked bad b/c Rafer played most of the minutes which I feel Brooks should have played, and Yao pretty much was sleep walking most of the game until the 4th quarter.

3. code_red

code_red Member

Sorry, I disagree with many of the posters in this thread. These are Doc River's words during the Celtic's 19 win streak:

"I thought during the [19-game winning] streak it was starting to come,'' Doc Rivers said of the Celtics' slump. "I was concerned by it then. By game 13, I was telling my coaches, 'I can't stand the way we're playing right now.' And you couldn't say that publicly because we're winning games, but I did to our players. I just kept saying to them, 'Guys, we're winning games, but it's just not us. We're so ripe for a loss.' "

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/01/08/celtics.struggles/

Many of the posters in this thread just contradicted Doc Rivers. Notice that Doc Rivers says he couldn't stand the way the Celtics were playing, during their win streak.

It's the same reason Adelman was disappointed in the Rockets win over the Bucks.

I don't think the Rockets played well tonight, despite the win. If they keep playing like this up to the end of the season, then it's "Houston, we have a problem!"

4. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

at least we won the game~ no matter how argly we played

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Im sorry but a win is a win. Some people say hey prefer the loss in Atlanta to the win against the Bucks. I say those people are stupid, because at the end of the day, it comes down to the W. I could two ****s about how they play, results are results.

6. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Well, all the games Rockets won are deceiving unless Rockets lost. Great.....now I will not be disappointed if Rockets loses again.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'll take 19 win in a row even if we're playing terrible.

Oh and a side note, it's bad enough I've seen or heard that stupid tag line "Houston, we have a problem!" for the last 25 plus years, last place I would expect to see it would be from a poster on here :mad:

8. bugzpodder

bugzpodder Member

We are playing at the level that currently places us 1 game ahead of 9th place in the conference

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Um, look at http://www.82games.com/0809/FGSORT7.HTM

Look near the bottom. Who do you see? The guys who take most to the Rockets' shots.

Is it any wonder we struggle against all teams (good or bad)?

10. joesr

joesr Member

Um how do we play as an elite team when we only had our elite players playing together 2 times. All of them at the same time?

Fail

11. sleepyassassain

So i guess the spurs having to go to two overtimes to beat the thunder but thats deceiving to huh just let it go i hate fairweather fans if you came to the rockets bar in atlanta with all that downing of the team and tmac somebody would crack your skull and you can believe that

12. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Beating the Celtics on their homecourt is still somewhat an accomplishment. They were in position to win the game, but the ball and the calls bounced the Rockets way. They're really missing Posey this year.

13. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

At this point I'm wondering if Shane should come off the bench when he comes back. And I'm sure at this point that Rafer should be demoted to 2nd string PG in favor of Brooks.

Starting Lineup, when healthy:

Brooks/TMac/Artest/Scola/Yao

Our bench would be fairly talented, to the point where it would be hard to find major minutes for guys every night.

Wafer/Rafer/Landry/Hayes/Head/Battier/Deke/Barry

Which brings up another question: Who goes on IR when the team is totally healthy? Adelman hasn't had to deal with that quandry yet this year. If Morey could make a deal that would turn ALston/Head into one player, I'd be for it.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

A win is a win....I would rather win ugly than lose pretty.

DD

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Luther Head will