1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last two wins were deceiving, especially against the Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by code_red, Jan 9, 2009.

1. code_red

code_red Member

IMO, our execution still has problems and we aren't playing at the level we should be, if we want to be considered an "elite" team.

Also, I think our loss against the Celtics is deceiving. We would be foolish to think we played at the level of an NBA championship team because the Celtics are clearly playing poorly in their last 9 games.

Our real test will come when we face the Lakers again. If the Lakers have a full healthy roster, we will really see how good we are. Hopefully, it will look a little prettier than the last 30 point blow out by the Lakers a few months ago.

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

way to be a downer :p

but i agree

3. theREALDEALkid

like i said earlier, our team just plays to the level of our opponent, we showed glimpses in the OKC game tht we could blow them out, but our team started slacking and let them back into it...with the Celtics they pushed us all game, when we're not being pushed its kinda like we play without a purpose...lie "We've go the lead now what?"

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

The Celtics win is not deceiving. A win is a win.

Maybe we should of just lost the game so it wouldn't be a deceiving win to you. :rolleyes:

5. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i think it's still because of the constant changing of lineup...

we need to play 10-20 games withuot anyone out to perfect our execution and chemistry. Maybe after the ASG.

6. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Don't be so naive. We all know that the Rockets are not a championship calibre team this season. The sad thing is that this is our best season since Olajuwon retired. It's very sad.

We are still a great team, and on paper we are the best in the league.. ON PAPER!!! We have issues on executing plays.

I think at the end of the day, we need to change coaches. I'm not hating on Adelman. I think he is a great coach with the right players around him. The thing is, this particular rockets team is not the right fit for Adelman's coaching style.

So either we change the coach to fit the players, or we change the players to fit the coach. I think it would be stupid to change the ENTIRE team just for the coach. Hence why Adelman should go.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

Yup. Celtics game is deceiving. We didn't have Tracy, Shane, or Ron play.

Today's game was very deceiving. We didn't have Tracy or Shane.

You can say the same thing when we play the Lakers. You can tell the Lakers fan that the game is deceiving because the Rockets don't have (insert whoever is sitting out).

8. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

well, yeah, it kinda was a win

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Damn, we got two deceiving wins in a roll. What a bummer!

10. ThaShark316_28

The streak this team goes on will be equal to the one in 2005 when they won like 8 straight before the AS break.

11. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Well , Rox did beat Boston on their homecourt, they only lost twice there

12. ibm

ibm Member

deceiving my arse. a win is a win.

if you win, you're the better team of the night. no more, no less. simple. don't try to extrapolate anything else out of it. otherwise we could soon be talking about the recession, global warming, and if elvis is still alive.

13. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I knew there was a connection between the Rockets and Elvis!

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This game is deceiving because we still have global warming.

How can we go up against the likes of Lakers or Celtics in the playoffs if our team can't even stop the rise in greenhouse gases?

15. ibm

ibm Member

^^ see, i knew i was right. :D

now let's talk about how the heck bull was able to get that autograph from spears. now that, could really deceiving. :cool:

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

What's this "we all" b.s.? Who? You?

We have had 14 different starting lineups this season. TMac, Shane, Barry and Ron have missed games on top of us playing more games than most teams and having one of the tougher schedules in the league so far.

If we can get healthy and TMac plays with the effort that he gave tonight consistently and does not quit again, I think we can win it all.

EDIT: Oh, and we are 23-15 despite all of this

#16 Blake, Jan 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  17. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Winning is deceiving? Are they really losses? Are we really 21-17?

18. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Ron played in the celtics game... plus the Celtics are playing worse then we are...

19. blender

blender Member

I agree, the last two wins weren't against the toughest of opponents. The Celtics played hard, but they shot poorly and looked fatigued. The Thunder showed their youth and lack of experience down the stretch, I thought.

But for me, the important thing is how the Rockets played. And I'm happy that there's been progress for the past several games.

This upcoming home stretch will give the team even more time to gell and start righting this ship. That's more important now than whether we prove our worth against the Lakers IMO.

20. dafranchise0309

A win is a win. Not sure when you were born but I guess it is better if we lose every game and just have them non deceiving so you can be happy!