1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last night I dropped my cell phone in a urinal. Any advice?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rasselas, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Rasselas

Rasselas Member

Well, the thread title pretty much sums it up.

2 am. Drunk. While urinating, my phone vibrates. I keep my left hand on my business, and with my right hand I check a new text message. Sometime between "open" and "reply," the Blackberry tumbles from my hand and lands in the urinal...before I can kill the stream.

The bathroom attendant, god bless him, played it off as if it was totally cool and it happens all the time. He gave me a few paper towles, I wiped the thing off, washed my hands, swallowed a peppermint, and rejoined my date as if nothing had happened.

As I'm typing this message on the forum, I'm smelling my phone, inspecting for bodily fluids. It doesn't smell like urine. Some of the keys might be sticking, but I could be imagining that.

Ideally, I'd like to clean this thing somehow. Any way to clean a Blackberry or cell?

(And yeah, I know my title of "Any advice?" probably deserves replies like, "Yeah. Don't be a drunken tool.") :)

2. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

It is best to clean it with your tongue.

3. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Member

rubbing alcohol. or sell it on ebay and buy a new one.

4. jo mama

jo mama Member

when i was in high school we used to smoke in the bathroom. one time this dude named richard dropped his cig in the toilet, picked it up and continued smoking it - from that day forth, he was known as "pissmouth".

its a tough situation - part of me would have left it there, but that would have caused so much of a hassle. i wont make fun, b/c i probably would have done the exact same thing.

5. macalu

macalu Member

it's your own pee, no big deal...i think. better than the toilet.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

I'd throw it away and get a new phone

7. pirc1

pirc1 Member

If it still works, who cares.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

is it a new phone? smart phone?

but i'd just let it go. and upgrade

9. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Member

I dropped my cell phone into a toilet while taking a leak. I was piss drunk and it just fell right in. I looked at it, then flushed it away :cool: No way I was going to stick my hand in there!

10. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Member

LOL Men are gross. :p Think about it...do you really want any of those germs NEAR your face/mouth? Touching it with your hands is one thing, but what if you don't get all the pee cleaned out of there? Just save all your contacts to your SIM card, get all your info cleared out of there, and buy a new phone.

11. bejezuz

bejezuz Member

Nah, no big deal. Urine is sterile. As long as the phone works and doesn't stink, don't worry about it.

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

So wrong, yet hilarious. Got my vote.

13. macalu

macalu Member

how many people have touched your keyboard without washing their hands?

14. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

crazy man, just get a new one..

yes, urine is sterile. Other people's urine still has stuff your's doesn't. Plus, people spit in urinals nonstop...throw cigarettes in there...that blue air freshner.. stale urine.. throw gum in there.. do I need to keep going? That's just nasty

15. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Member

I wash my hands religiously, and the only other two people that use this computer are my 2 little sisters that also wash their hands alot. Keyboards are gross though, I like to clean mines alot. :eek: I'm sort of a germaphobe (sp?).

16. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

not quite... while the urine is sterile, there could be blood in the urine, and that's what makes it a biohazard.

17. Smokey

Smokey Member

I dropped my cell in the toilet a couple of days ago. Forget urine, I was worried that it wouldn't work. I dried it off and fingers crossed it works fine.

18. sammy

sammy Member

Im thinking an anti-bacterial wipe (clorox) would be ideal for this

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Same here. Time to start "fresh!" :p

20. nyquil82

nyquil82 Member

Men may be gross, but I see far more pictures and movies on the internet with girls getting pissed on, rather than guys. The evidence speaks for itself.