1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Last Minute Vacation] Mexico....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 26, 2013.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

^ Agreed. :eek:

:confused: Where are you getting those numbers? Are you looking up state populations? The cities mentioned are small, in comparison, and don't even reach the millions. Can you post a link to the place where you got your info?

2. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I hear Juarez is fairly cheap and exciting.

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

have you looked in to Playa Del Carmen area? Its about 45min south of Cancun (Cancun is just Miami in Mexico). Playa is nice and there is more to do than in Cozumel. Tulum and Xel Ha are both close by Playa and are both worth seeing.

Tulum
    [​IMG]

Xel Ha
    [​IMG]

4. BamBam

BamBam Member

You can add me to the Cozumel group. To be honest that entire region is beautiful and you won't be disappointed. The last time I vacationed in Mexico we stayed in Cancun, and took excursions to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Isla Mujeres, Playa del Carmen, and Conzumel. If I was to do it all over again I would stay in Conzumel this time and take excursions to all those other places I mentioned. The reason is that I really enjoyed the layed back feel of Conzumel, it a tiny Island and you can get around in scooters and stop pretty much anywhere near the beach and dive in, I can't tell you anything about the accommodations since I didn't actually stay there, but I'm sure there has to be a nice hotel to stay in.

Regardless where you stay, I think the Caribbean is the place to go!
    Hope you and your wife have a good time in your vacation!

#24 BamBam, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  5. Two Sandwiches

We booked basically the cheapest room we could find ($159 a person) because we spend basically no time in the room. We also booked the cheapest flights we could find at about $160 each. We might schedule an excursion in Belize but will probably just walk around in Cozumel.

Total, including gratuities and flight and taxes and everything, we played about $1050.

Remember, I don't live in Houston. I live in Pennsvania.

6. Classic

Classic Member

I cant attest to Cabo but i've been to cozumel several times.

I've stayed at the sunscape sabor, the secrets Aura, and a smaller place in town called casa mexicana.

Secrets Aura was excellent for our honeymoon. Sabor was more like a place you take kids. Casa Mexicana was cool since it was so cheap and they served a good breakfast but you had to get lunch and dinner out. That wasn't so bad. When we stayed there I rented a car for the duration of the stay. Wife and I excursioned to the opposite side of the island almost every day. There are a lot of dive bars along the way that are pretty fun to hang at that also feel quite isolated and old world. When I stayed at Sabor I rented a jeep at the hotel a couple days and did the same thing. I like that Cozumel has the best of both worlds: resorts [west side of island] and an undeveloped island [east]

For the hotel you're looking at, I know it to be a good spot as we ate there one night with great food and there is a place called the Money bar right near there as a recall if you feel like getting out for the day to snorkel or some low key night life.

7. right1

right1 Member

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

^ Please shoot a rainbow for me, PURVIS! :cool:

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Ciudades_de_México_más_pobladas - check the Población, brother. You went from 4 million to now >2 million... what's next, they're going to be 500k?

You STILL haven't linked to the information you're spewing out. Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Since you're Purvis Short, I am Buck Johnson.

9. BamBam

BamBam Member

Why no Moochie Norris...:confused:

1 person likes this.
  10. right1

right1 Member

Municipality of Puebla = over 1.5 million. So do you say Houston has a population of 2 million or 6 million? I say six. Check these swollen nutz Buck Johnson.
    http://www.statuspuebla.com.mx/inde...on-de-58-millones&catid=44:analisis&Itemid=55

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

What you're looking at as far as over 1.5 million is "Puebla-Tlaxcala", not the town of Puebla alone. The town alone is on the link I posted, based on the Mexican census of 2010:
    [​IMG]

Still not 2 million. :eek: Houston alone has 2 million. The Houston Metropolitan Area has 6 million. You're still incorrect. Want to keep going, Purvis? :cool: You're Short.

Q: Why did you change it from 4 million?

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Since you are in penn. I think you should have considered Bermuda. Ridiculously pretty there. And a cheap flight from the eastern u.s.

13. right1

right1 Member

The city limit is on the link you posted. If you go to Puebla looking for a small town, you're not going to find it. You're going to find a large city with 1.5 million residing within the city limits alone and about 4 million in the area if you count the homeless and those living in the trash dumps.

14. BamBam

BamBam Member

There's 2.5mil that are homeless and are living in trash dumps...:confused:
    Never been to Puebla, but that sounds apocalyptic...

15. Two Sandwiches

I will look into it next time! I guess I ways was lazy and figured it'd be colder there this time of year without looking it up. Isn't it about the same attitude as Georgia?

16. da1

da1 Member

Boring as hell though

17. Two Sandwiches

Well, we got back three days ago. Been meaning to post an update, but I've been busy trying to catch up on Christmas. Let's just say going from 95 with 80% humidity on Monday to -1 wind chill and snowy on a Thursday sucks.

Overall, we had a wonderful time. Loved Belize, although it was wild. We absolutely loved Cozumel, and may go back next year.

In Belize, while driving on a tour through some rough jungle/ swamp area on a bumpy, dusty road, we drove passed a run down house that had a freshly removed jaguar pelt hanging on a clothesline next to the family's clothes. One of the craziest things I've seen.:eek:

Another crazy moment was walking down some tiny side street in Cozumel and passing a car with a sticker from "Dale's Auto Sales - Huntsville, Texas."

#37 Two Sandwiches, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013