1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last minute travel sites??? All inclusive get aways???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Gummi Clutch, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Im in need of a vacation, but don't want to pay through the nose.
    I'm looking for a site offering last minute travel deals.
    I get some great deals from united and southwest via email every once in a while, but are these always available online somewhere?
    Does anything like this exist?

I also had a friend that got an all inclusive get away; travel, food, lodging to Cancun for $2500 for 5 days. I thought they would get what they paid for, but when they came back the pics looked amazing! Where does one find these deals?

2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Funjet has always been good for us

http://www.funjet.com/allinclusive/

apple vacations is decent too

http://www.applevacations.com/

Whenever you look at all-inclusives, keep in mind that their star ratings are a little inflated over what you'd think of. Never go for anything below a 3-star rating.

Have fun

3. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Anyone try CostCo???

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Nice samples and people watching, but the sleeping arrangements suck.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I found Expedia to be slightly cheaper than Costco.

6. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

For cancun, I have moved away from expedia and tried of other sites. Trip mamma or some other sites. Most of the cost for cancun is the flight. I noticed expedia at least earlier this year, did not include some much cheaper airlines.

Also they didnt include any good direct flights from houston.

Funjet is good too. I cant remember who i used, but it was 4 start 6 days for about 2300 for two people. All inclusive.

But yea if you are looking last minute, since most of the cost is the flight and the last minute flights are insanely expensive, you may just have to hope you get lucky.

7. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I just checked my email. bookit.com is where i got the package. I got it about 1 or 2 months in advanced.

8. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

You can usually find a lot of them on sites like Groupon, LivingSocial, etc. There's a site called Yipit that basically lumps everything (as in all of those sites) together, so you don't have to go to each one separately. Not all of them are great deals though, so be sure to do your research.

If you're going to fly American Airlines, you can go here to play a short little game and have a 10% discount code sent to you.

I used Priceline for our last trip. If you do the bidding option, they tell you just enough to figure out which hotel you're bidding on (most of the time). To find out which one it is, get the star rating and find out what the amenities are, and then go here. If you can navigate a forum, you can find what you're looking for on there.

Enjoy your trip.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Anyone ever purchased the living social trips? are they legitimate or is it a case of "you get what you pay for?"

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Used Cheapcaribbean.com for a 4 night all inclusive + flight to Cancun/Riviera Maya earlier this summer. Was about $1000 per person. Resort was given 4/5 stars on their site but definitely check Trip Advisor before booking.

We enjoyed the resort, beach, and pool but the food was terrible, to the point where my g/f was sick one of the nights. It also took me over a week to get, um, regular, when we got back.