1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last minute gift ideas?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by slcrocket, Dec 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

So, here's the situation - my wife and I have always allotted a certain amount of money for presents for each other, family, etc. We got things done really early this year and have spent all the money allotted, I know what I'm getting, she knows what she's getting, etc.

The thing she DOESN'T know is that I've horded away a couple hundred dollars over the past few months (she watches the finances like a hawk), so I want to get her an extra something or somethings...the problem is, I didn't actually think about the what until just today (finals have just finished for me).

Any last-minute ideas? I don't have to spend all of that money, but something where the gesture will be really appreciated (I know you can't do a ton with a couple hundred bucks).

Maybe this thread will evolve into something of use for other Clutchfanners out there - I'm especially interested in like all five ladies on the board responding, as I can't ask my wife what she wants because a) she'd then know I have mystery funds, and b) honestly, I've already bought her almost everything I can think of.

Thanks in advance!

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Free Hugs gift cards

give her like 10 of them

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

anything but jewelry.

4. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Check. I already have standing orders to never buy her jewelery.

The good stuff is expensive and she'd be better at picking it out than I would.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Step One... Get a box...

6. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Last minute gift ideas for what? Is your anniversary on the 10th or something. Christmas is still over 2 weeks away, I don't even start till like the 23rd.

7. Convictedstupid

This.

8. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

and then j*zz in it.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Trip to a spa? That's probably a few hundred.

10. Asian Sensation

Just get something for yourself. She's gonna wonder why/how you horded money.

11. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Get a hotel on the Riverwalk. Plenty to do down there. My chick loves it.

Honorable Mention: Oven Mits, Ripped Abs, Gizmondo, Cook book, Saw V