1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Last game against the Lakers on Wednesday will be for the 7th seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tehG l i d e, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Can't beat the Lakers AND the Refs.

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

I will be ecstatic if we play OKC to 6 games. What the heck are you blabbering about?

3. trock

trock Member

If Utah wins on Wed, we're not beating the Lakers and the refs. I can only hope the Lakers are in the playoffs by the time our game starts.

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Yep if they win we'd be tied in the season head to head record so they will base it on who has the better conference record. LA does.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Better to have a chance to win a round of playoffs or at least a few games, and having a few extra games of playoff experience, than to get blown out 4 straight times vs OKC.

6. trock

trock Member

conf record. LA has the tiebreaker.

7. Carl Herrera

Yes. There is luck involved in everything, which is why one shouldn't take needless chances for little potential reward while putting one's team further in the hands of fluke events.

8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Game Wednesday night against the Lakers just got huge! Time to step up and get this W.</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/324031187926532097">April 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Shut it. I never said 6 games against OKC. I said they will play at most 6 games in the playoffs. It could be against an injured Spurs team. I see us winning 1 game at most against the Thunder.

10. pnr

pnr Member

The Rockets did not tank this game. Why would they choose to tank the game versus the worst team in the West??

11. howo13579

howo13579 Member

I wouldn't call Ellis shot bs. It it was low percentage shot but he earned it. That goal tending was just flat out lucky for us.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Me! I wanted us to play OKC all along. Like i said, we're only built as a first round team this season. Heck, experts didn't even expect us to be in the playoffs to start with.

So if we're going out in the first round, i want to face the top team in the West since the goal is to gain playoff experience and the best way to maximize that is by playing the cream of the crop.

Sure we might even get swept but that's part of the learning/building process. The main thing here is to see and be able to gauge our team against the best in the west and gather all the info and data out of this series and give em to Mr. Morey. ;)

13. Carl Herrera

Apparently the time to step up wasn't tonight.

14. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

It could be for 6th seed too if GSW loses against Portland right?

I genuinely don't want to see our playoff series be against the Nuggets, for a few reasons but the biggest just being entertainment value, so I'm hoping GSW wins and we land the Spurs or OKC.

15. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

I'm right here

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Do you think we can beat them?

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think he stepped up pretty well...he was the best player.

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He was the only bright spot on the box score.

19. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Hey the upside of being #8, there is one big advantage of playing OKC...
    It would be 4 losing BUT entertaining games against Superstars Durant, Westbrook and ex Rox Kevin Martin.:grin:

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I totally realized why the suns wanted to win this game so bad...

us losing makes it NECESSARY that we win this next game so LA might still be out of the playoffs if the Jazz win at the same time giving them a lottery pick....