1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last Episode of Futurama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

So, did anybody here catch the last ep of Futurama? It was a good episode, the Robot Devil voiced by Dan Castellenata is always good for laughs. It was a touching episode, Futurama does a good job of mixing that in with the comedy. I'm really gonna miss this show and this may be the final straw between me an Fox. From now on, I'm gonna download the newest episodes of the Simpsons. I'm not watching any Fox television channel again.

They've cancelled every good show they put out in the last 5 years, Family Guy, Titus, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, and now Futurama. All these shows were higly rated by critics and people who watched them thought they were great. The problem seemed to be that Fox never got behind these shows and didn't give them the chance to grow like they did with the Simpsons. They treated Futurama like crap, putting it on at a bad time, changing the time slot, switching up the order of the episodes, and prempting it.

Anyways, at least the show is syndicated on Cartoon Network and TBS and the DVD's are coming out, Vol 2 comes out on Tuesday btw. I also read that because it has had such high ratings on cable, Cartoon Network is interested in producing new episodes, but that probably won't happen. There is a possibility of a Futurama trilogy of movies, I hope that happens, even if it's straight to video.

In closing, I'd like to say to Fox; "Bite my shiney metal ass!"

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man..

It's just a cartoon.

3. Oski2005

Thanks for setting the tone, anus mime.:rolleyes:

4. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

On a related note...

RENO 911! is the funniest show on television right now!!!

I hope to god it stays on air for a looooooong time!!!

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I agree this show is pretty dang funny, I really enjoy it. But how many times can you chase a nekkid guy or have someone steal a police car or bicycle? On the other hand, the fireworks/ice cream truck and the weed burning was flippin' hilarious.

6. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Oh, it will never get old.

You could ask the same question for COPS.

You gotta love the scavenger hunt one.

'And double points if they're a Jew'. :D

7. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

Are you sure this is for good?

Hasn't Fox already canned it two or three times in the past only to bring it back?

Oh and I did catch the episode, I really enjoyed it, and I'm even happier I saw it now that I know it was the final episode, great stuff.

I still can't belive they cancelled it though... It's obviously popular and a great show considering it is currently showing on Fox, TBS, Cartoon Network, as well as a Spanish version on Mun2. Fools.

8. Oski2005

Yeah, it's definately done. I found out by checking some sites and read some interviews. But David X. Cohen said there is still a possibility for something to happen, like new episodes on cable or movies. I don't think the route of cable is possible, the shows were pretty expensive to make, Cohen said they were pretty lavish by network tv standards. I don't think they'd want to make a cheaper looking version of it. Making a movie would be the most likely scenario because animated movies are cheap by movie budget standards.

9. dumbholly

dumbholly Member

the new show on Fox, the OC, is pretty good

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Are you sure you arent confusing the possibility of new episodes with Family guy?
    In a interview in Newsweek(I think) the VP at Cartoon Net was talking to Seth Macfarlane about doing more FG...I hadnt heard the same about Futurama..
    and if they like it so much, why did they take it off in favor of that Home Movie crap?
    At least TBS has the good taste to keep running it..

btw...Kam...bugger off ya anus mime..;)

and for the record...Fox sucks..
    you forgot to mention they cancelled Dark Angel and Firefox also..
    :mad:

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

oh yeah...just what we needed...another show with more flash than substance..:rolleyes:

12. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

It was a pretty good show, just like Family Guy. Although I think Family Guy was a better show.

I didn't miss any of the first two season then I just kinda lost interest... Partly because it was kinda getting played out, but mostly I think the problem was Fox. They didn't keep it in the same time slot and also the Sunday night 6pm cst time slot stinks, always gets bumped by football. The 7:30cst time slot is golden....

13. Blitz

Blitz Member

the oc is a kool show, but i guess cause im still a teenager i like it more then some of the older guys here.

14. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

The OC, ha ha ha!!!!!!!

mark it down, before this upcoming year is over with the "OC" will be no more.

15. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

For the most part they suck, but they did give us The Simpsons, 24 and Married with Children.

Don't forget they cancelled "Get a Life", "The Critic" and "Parker Lewis Can't Lose". Man I was a FOX junky as a kid. ;)

"The Fastlane" is canned also, it was pretty decent...

btw - "get a life" is on DVD....

16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Thinking about it, I think these WERE just about the only shows I've actually watched on Fox the past 5 years, except for the Simpsons.

Kind of forgot what shows they cancelled. This really makes me mad reading it. :mad:

17. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

That's Firefly. (Firefox was a 1983 Clint Eastwood movie involving a stolen Russian protoype aircraft.) I don't think I'll ever forgive Fox for canceling that show, while giving Fastlane and John Doe a whole season to display their pure sucktitude.

As I hear it, Joss Whedon is developing a full-length Firefly movie. That would be pretty neat.

18. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

I live in the OC and I have never seen that many white people in my life. I mean, eesh, at least put a few token latinos and Asians here and there!

19. outlaw

outlaw Member

And they're releasing the season on DVD at the end of the year. That includes the 3 episodes filmed but never aired by FOX. I think it would make a great feature film. Strange that Gail Berman who's the head of programming on FOX was also an executive producer on Firefly. You would think she would have given it a better chance to suceed with her name in the credits.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Fox can eat a bag of hell