1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Las Vegas Summer League (My Experience)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingStevo10, Jul 15, 2010.

1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I just came back from the summer league in Las Vegas i went to 4 out of the 5 Rockets Games and stayed for many others but i just wanted to share some of what i saw and heard.

The Rockets vs the Raptors
    I went to this game and had seats a couple rows back from the rockets bench. 2 rows in front of me were patrick patterson's parents which was pretty cool, i did not talk to them however i talked to the family in front of us who knew the pattersons and were big UK fans. while we were talking to them Pattersons assisant and friend sat with them a couple of minuntes and was showing them pictures of the condo him and patterson were moving into i didnt want to be stalkerish, so i did not ask them where they were moving too but just said how much patterson will like Houston and we were proud he was a Rocket.

During halftime of the rockets game i got on clutchfans on my phone to see if there was any news about anything and i saw that patterson would be signing his new contract and i was glad that he got it done so quick.

Also in the first quater i saw rick adleman and elston turner sitting in my section but far away. Then during the second quarter and i look up to see Rick Adleman and guess who is right next to him? Carl Landry (this just shows how much Carl liked the houston rockets coaching staff still sitting next to them after being traded.) So i went up there and got Landrys autograph (i hated to bug him) and asked him if he missed houston and he must of missunderstood me because he said "its cool".

Then just after the game ended Pattersons agent came and got his family and assisant. Then the UK family told me they were going to sign his contract. A about 10 minutes later his assisant came back with the family and sat with the UK family and showed them Patterson signing his contract which he recorded with his phone and i looked over his shoulder and saw it too lol.

So i stayed for the next game and guess who comes sits the a aisle over from me Jordan Hill (must of been with his brother casue they had the same hair). Kids were going to get his autograph and one asked him who he was and he said "you want my autograph but dont know who i am.... im Jordan Hill". Then when the kids left i told Jordan he should of said he was lebron and he just laughed so i left him alone after that.

The summer league was great i had fun and got many peoples autographs and a pic with my favorite player Jermaine Taylor. I recomened others to go it was geat fun!

Sorry about all the grammer issues just want to share some of this info with you. Sorry about all the rambling too, so Bash AWAY :grin:

7 people like this.
  2. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

thanks for the post, i envy you.

3. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

haha thx sorry bout all the grammer and rambling on

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

cool you should have came by if you were there for the games over the weekend

i am not sure if landry missing houston as a city after all he got shot there

the autograph hounds there are real annoying there is one guy in particular he is there every year makes it hard for the little kids who may just want a signature to get one...they ask anyone and everyone regardless of who it is. they'll ask for jerseys, shoes you name it they'll want it. i felt bad for this little kid who wanted a autograph from derozan and because of this guy the ushers pretty much put their foot down and chased everyone away.

5. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Ya and John Wall went to the game after the rockets to watch Cousins play for the kings and he was being mobbed to sign stuff but he didnt deny any one of getting there autograph though

6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Fun read.

After reading your experience and a few others (namely, YoYo), mrs.Raccoon and I decided to spend next summer in Vegas: she on her slots, me in the bleachers. Actually it will be more like, she on the slots, me at the bar, both on the bleachers. (she became a huge Rocket fan during T-Mac's 13 in 35)

So, hope to see you, YoYo and Dave2000(?) next year.

Again, thanks for the read.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thanks for sharing

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Probably one of the last places for fan boys to get close to the NBA players without all the hoopla and security etc.

A much more approachable enviornment.....

DD

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Matt Bui?

Rocket River

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Sounds like I should make my way out there next season.

11. Jimes

Jimes Member

@KingStevo, so what did you think of your boy JT's performance and his potential? Why is he your favorite player?

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Wow, I guess the summer league not bad after all, hopefully next season I'll go there.

13. Pete the Cheat

very entertaining read man. thanks for posting.

so how many of pattersons family members were there? must be fun folks...probably saw it as a great opportunity to sneak off to vegas haha.

14. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

cool story bro.

No, seriously, cool story :grin: I really enjoy hearing personal experiences because it brings a human element to the players and help you remember they're more than just athletes.

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Did you get to talk to Dave and Yoyo?

I didn't see many other Rockets fans (except one guy in a Patterson t-shirt and a couple in Rockets t's) but then it was the last game, so I guess there might have been more at the first games.

If I can con the folks into making this a yearly thing I would love it. Even if not I may come out by myself next year... though it's freaking hot here!

Thanks for sharing your experience too!

16. TheresTheDagger

Not to be a buzz killer but there probably won't be a summer league next year with a lockout pending for 7/01/11. :(

Sucks cause I was hoping to do this next year too. Lets hope the NBA and the union get a new CBA together soon!

17. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Hard for me too call about his potential I hope at least a poor mans Jason Richardson (long shot IMO) he forced a lot of stuff causing turnovers or bad shots. But he is my boi b/c I have high hopes for him and like his game which could help the rockets in the future.

18. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

From the game I was at It was just his parents and a family friend bit not sure if there were any other pattersons there.

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I only saw his parents, though the last game they had two couples (friends from his time at UK it seems because they were wearing UK attire) with them.

20. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Ya those people sat with them a lot. I was talking two them after the 2nd or 3rd game and they said they were taking the pattersons to dinner and back to their hotel. So they prob kno the pattersons pretty well