1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Las Vegas Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DonnyMost, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

Difficulty to keep a job, or maintaining long relationship , development of paranoid thoughts are the typical indication

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, again you can keep going but I don't believe that there are people who seriously believe in the "Reefer Madness".

Smoking weed can make you lazy, but it doesn't make you violent.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Some top minds are taking a closer look at the attack.
    _____

[​IMG]

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

so he got killed and set up while working for the FBI but became radicalized at the same time? ****ing morons there.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This could be a case of someone who has never smoked weed talking like they know about it like they were snoop dogg.

I forgot when, but sometime back, some kid who was probably 17 was talking comparing 60s 70s 80s and 90s players like he was a 60 year old man.
    But everyone who actually watched hoops then easily figured it out because he was talking through his ass.

I think it was something about one player being a better 3 point shooter than a player who played in a non 3 point shooting era..

He later got mad and went on some mcgrady and jesus rampage and got banned.

6. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I wonder how long it will take Hollywood to cash in on this.

7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Skynet was right about humans

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well when you buy 33 guns in within a year that would suggest he was unimpeded.

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

hmm ...forgot to add denial above , if you show psychotic prescription drug along with a joint ,it will be more convincing.. otherwise,

personal experiences vary by individuals but it remains irrelevant to the strength/severity of the substance when it interacts with mental illness, cannabis is the prefered substance abuse by most schizophrenic, whether they're peaceful homeless or those in prison

A cancer patient with psychiatric history can withstand chemo/radiation therapy like others , but if they're given corticosteroids it will instantly become a white/blue code case

Orlando's shooter had shown clear signs of schizophrenia since an early age and also he used mar1juana

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not to engage this tangent, BUT I don't think you're showing any causal relationship. It is much more probable that schizophrenics are seeking self-medication by any means necessary and pot may just calm their symptoms better than booze.

Otherwise, it seems like you're quoting from the hilarious reel, "reefer madness."

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

i don't watch a thing aside from Rockets games , if you want further resources then google /try to access the following hilarious materials...(more than 120+ other studies had been conducted ..)

1. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5), American Psychiatric Association, Arlington, VA 2013.
    2. Hartz SM, Pato CN, Medeiros H, et al. Comorbidity of severe psychotic disorders with measures of substance use. JAMA Psychiatry 2014; 71:248.
    3. Regier DA, Farmer ME, Rae DS, et al. Comorbidity of mental disorders with alcohol and other drug abuse. Results from the Epidemiologic Catchment Area (ECA) Study. JAMA 1990; 264:2511.
    4. Kendler KS, Gallagher TJ, Abelson JM, Kessler RC. Lifetime prevalence, demographic risk factors, and diagnostic validity of nonaffective psychosis as assessed in a US community sample. The National Comorbidity Survey. Arch Gen Psychiatry 1996; 53:1022.
    5. Thoma P, Daum I. Comorbid substance use disorder in schizophrenia: a selective overview of neurobiological and cognitive underpinnings. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 2013; 67:367.
    6. Sara GE, Large MM, Matheson SL, et al. Stimulant use disorders in people with psychosis: a meta-analysis of rate and factors affecting variation. Aust N Z J Psychiatry 2015; 49:106.
    7. Fryers T, Melzer D, Jenkins R, Brugha T. The distribution of the common mental disorders: social inequalities in Europe. Clin Pract Epidemiol Ment Health 2005; 1:14.
    8. Scott KM, Al-Hamzawi AO, Andrade LH, et al. Associations between subjective social status and DSM-IV mental disorders: results from the World Mental Health surveys. JAMA Psychiatry 2014; 71:1400.
    9. Gara MA, Vega WA, Arndt S, et al. Influence of patient race and ethnicity on clinical assessment in patients with affective disorders. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2012; 69:593.
    10. Rost K, Hsieh YP, Xu S, et al. Potential disparities in the management of schizophrenia in the United States. Psychiatr Serv 2011; 62:613.
    11. Brown T, Platt S, Amos A. Equity impact of European individual-level smoking cessation interventions to reduce smoking in adults: a systematic review. Eur J Public Health 2014; 24:551.
    12. Bull ER, Dombrowski SU, McCleary N, Johnston M. Are interventions for low-income groups effective in changing healthy eating, physical activity and smoking behaviours? A systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ Open 2014; 4:e006046.
    13. Lindenberg CS, Solorzano RM, Bear D, et al. Reducing substance use and risky sexual behavior among young, low-income Mexican-American women: comparsion of two interventions. Appl Nurs Res 2012; 15:137.
    14. Bradizza CM, Stasiewicz PR, Paas ND. Relapse to alcohol and drug use among individuals diagnosed with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders: a review. Clin Psychol Rev 2006; 26:162.

13. B-Bob

Okay, I think we're all on the same page: correlations and associations. I thought you were suggesting a causal link, as in cannabis causing certain disorders.

And since we're into copious references, you really have to know "Reefer Madness" as part of America's cultural heritage.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, so the Orlando shooter did what he did because of smoking weed not because he was a radical Muslim? Gotcha.

LOL, is this the kind of propaganda they sell in Saudi?

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

it's the otherway around , pre-existed mental illnesses worsen with cannabis usage , in a more aggressive way than what a healthy individual can tolerate when influenced by amphetamine, thanks for the tube btw

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

you want guns to protect your valuable possessions from Blacks , am i right! which is basically a half empty pickle jar in your fridge (or half full) . Orlando's shooter had struggled with his education and had those wild bipolar thoughts and behaviors so often yada yada , i think you should get the idea by now , ISIS usage of drugs for recruitment is not the exception in history , check out US army supplemented drugs for Vietnam war, Panama, Korea ,Iraq syndrome

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would want to protect my possessions from anyone, why single out blacks?

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Are you arguing with someone who's not from America telling you what America is like?

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Is Liberty University offering phd's now? Only from a radically right sided university could someone be so out of touch with reality on this subject.

20. B-Bob

Yea-ah, we are not then on the same page, including how we read the research results. But that's fine. You're most welcome for the youtube vid. Should check out the entire movie (1 hr) also available on youtube. Classic.

Tha_Dude likes this.