1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Las Vegas Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Oct 2, 2017.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Absolutely horrible. RIP and prayers for the family and everyone affected by this tragedy.

Wake up and turn on the news and this is what you hear. After the initial shock and disbelief, my mind automatically turns this to...wait was this Islam inspired? As an Indian born non practicing Muslim, I now automatically hope that's not the case. Selfish for sure but it's the world we live in.

Nook and amaru like this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Just stop posting.

ipaman likes this.
  3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

FoxNews is no better. Turning every rape, murder committed by an illegal immigrant into front page news. Divisiveness, fear-mongering and spreading hate is what Trump and FoxNews is good at.

By the way extreme sad situation. Just terrible and tragic... Maybe there is a socially accepted moratorium which line I may have crossed. I understand that, but I'm posting in real-time because I'm curious what Trump and others reaction will be, and I'd rather post it now than after the fact.

Back to your original post ipaman, was this a lone wolf attack or a terrorist attack? You were the first person to "politicize" this adding your own premature skew and speculation on this without getting all the facts.:rolleyes:

malakas likes this.
  4. omgTHEpotential

It's horrible either way. To know that real Americans are capable of doing something like this, which is equally as horrible as what happened in Paris.

R0ckets03 and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. sew

sew Member

63 yr old white male.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...entify-white-male-latest-update-a7978361.html

amaru likes this.
  6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Are you an idiot? You were literally the first person to "politicize" this thread. Please stop posting.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Nevada has a lot of the open desert areas that attracts people obsessed with automatic weapons. Automatics are not an absolute ban. If you want a automatic weapon, you have to pass background checks, pay a hefty tax stamp per weapon and pretty much give up all your rights to privacy. The ATF has the right to come search your home anytime w/out a warrant if you choose to possess one.
    With those restrictions, and the cost of ammo and the lacking areas to shoot them, most people do not want to own one.

Nook, Hakeemtheking and malakas like this.
  8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This is really unfortunate.
    I didn't see anything that implied he was trying to politicize the event.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. krnxsnoopy

This "isn't a lone wolf psycho".. In other words, coordinated terrorist attack. Yes?

Before getting all the facts....

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Noticing how the person who started the thread and made a bunch of the first posts seemingly lost interest in the thread right after the shooter is revealed to be a white guy.

Eric Riley, RocketWalta, Kam and 3 others like this.
  11. krnxsnoopy

The irony.. LOL

RocketsLegend and ipaman are disappointed... :mad:

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

from the POTUS.

13. No Worries

Politicians discusses this shooting is one thing.

Politicians "politicizing" this is another. Lefties can run with it if the shooter is a right wing Christian gun nut. The righties can run with it if the shooter is Muslim, black, an undocumented Mexican, AntiFa, etc.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Unfortunately, I'm not even shocked any more. This is America. Buy any guns you want...no problem.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

what? that's b.s I had to get couple hours of sleep.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

The only people I see politicizing anything are you, Carl Herrera, and krnx.

Also the idea that only politicians can discuss the issues regarding this is moronic.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

America has failed as a country in a LOT of ways, but being unable to guarantee the safety of its citizens through LAX gun control laws is one of the reasons why.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ISIS says that Vegas shooter converted to Islam some months ago. <a href="https://t.co/EhanI71iv0">pic.twitter.com/EhanI71iv0</a></p>&mdash; Björn Stritzel (@bjoernstritzel) <a href="">October 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. No Worries

Calling me moronic? Project much?

BTW you read way too much in what I wrote. But you be you.

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

He probably got the guns at a gun store. I'm not a gun owner, so I'm not all that knowledgeable about acquiring guns. But, they do sell high powered weapons at gun stores I believe. Maybe he altered the guns in some small way, I don't know. Terrible.