1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Sanders is in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ARA71197, Jan 30, 2017.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

-_-

2. alethios

alethios Member

Is he friends with Harden though? That could a game changer right there.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dab game strong. You don't know the right people.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

No way Sanders is better than Onuaku or wth name is... He's out of game shape and probably has nothing to contribute.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cavs supposedly worked out several "playmakers": Chalmers, Capt. Kirk, even Lance Stephenson

If Stephenson is good enough for the Champs why is he not an option to back up Ariza at wing and/or back up Harden-Gordon? Explore all options Morey!!

DonKnock likes this.
  6. CallMeTheDream

No way in hell Stephenson joins the Cavs. That guy blows

MONON and ParaSolid like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I guess they are working him out due to pity. Smh

DonKnock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lottery numbers while you are in full Nostradamus mode?

Tha_Dude and DonKnock like this.
  9. CallMeTheDream

[​IMG]

I guess the joke wasn't good?

Tha_Dude and D-rock like this.
  10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Hehe don't worry bro I chuckled when I saw your joke

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  11. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

My take on Lance is an iso-guy that is a cancer in the locker room. While with the Pacers it seems he felt
    like he was head and shoulders above Paul George. He was shooting 10% from 3 in 6 games this season.

I hope that you are right and that Lance can change. His assist% was in the high 20's where EG10
    is around 14% this year. I'm more willing to take a chance on Larry Sanders who I said odd; but
    didn't take his antics on to the court (from what I can remember)....unlike JaVale McGee who once
    started walking down to the defensive end of the court while the play was going on at their offensive
    end of the court. The expressions on his teammates faces was priceless.

#71 Jatman20, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    napalm06 likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I understand all the concerns and distractions about Born Ready. But the guy has been taken down a peg or three his last 3 seasons. Lance is better playmaker than Splash but we are talking about the 3rd guy off the bench, maybe 4th. And his D and ability to play 3 positions would make him an upgrade immediately to Brew, Ennis and KJ. Effort has never been one of his problems either. And Harden was also considered an ISO guy too before MDA.

The guy is low risk high reward. Again, if the champs are willing to work him out, then so should the Rockets. Exhaust all our options.

13. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I knew Harden could adapt from iso to what he is doing this year with MDA system. I'm not sold Lance can.

What was the problem with the Clippers last year? Did he not fit in? What was the problem this year with
    the Pels? Did he not fit in? Cavs are super desperate to beat the Warriors and thus being forced to
    look at everyone. Rockets players voted to go for gold with what they have....to maintain chemistry
    on the court and "in the locker room." Will Lance disrupt that?

I'm not against the Rockets looking at Lance.....but I'm not against the Rockets leaning towards others
    first.

Edited later: Nice avatar by the way. Looks good

#73 Jatman20, Feb 1, 2017
    D-rock likes this.
  14. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Tore his groin and needed surgery, waived by the pels. From all reports they loved him while he was there

DonKnock, D-rock and HTX Ninja like this.
  15. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Thank you @Cashmoney . His ast% was great in the 6 games. Can he move well laterally after surgery?

Cashmoney and D-rock like this.
  16. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

He could be our answer for Draymond Green and another defensive big. Only draw back is limited offensive skillset and some would say questionable mentality. Who would we cut? I like having Ennis as Pat Bev insurance unless we can move Brewer for something better.

#76 ballplayer, Feb 1, 2017
  17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Lance can ball and if he's in the right gear, he's a load to handle. 6'5 will play damn good D and is extremely aggressive, issue is he's volatile and when he's in the right gear....his head gets too big.

He was doing well for the Pelicans, even Clips and Grizz. I think he has to be humbled. If the Cavs get him, that's the only situation where I think he "works out", the vets will keep him in check. He'd be a load to handle if they put him at the guard spot.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

No problem, honestly have no idea. Pretty major injury, id say someone will pick him up around the deadline

D-rock likes this.
  19. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Probably (like Larry Sanders), teams will work them out prior to deadline; but contending teams might
    look towards making a deal & exhaust all their efforts in trying to have a star player fall into their
    laps first.......fall back on FA's like Chalmers & Hollis Thompson etc as well. Price on Larry Sanders
    goes up after trading deadline though, as leverage lessens. IMO.

20. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Wait... Hollis Thompson is a free agent?