1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Sanders, anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 26, 2017.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not a fit? He does everything Capela does except better, plus he's much longer, more athletic and hard nosed.

Pen15clubber, DonKnock and Jatman20 like this.
  2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Thread turned into a pro-management rally.

Strange

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I don't know about doubling the suspension, but I think there is some merit that he shouldn't be able to sign with another team while he's still getting paid on his current contract..so in your scenario, three years rather than 6.

Obviously I would apply this only to players who retire then come back..not waivers/stretch provisions ala J Smoove.

All that being said, give the man a workout. Couldn't hurt

4. malakas

malakas Member

Just because someone is legally entitled to something doesn't make him less of a dirty lying lazy drug addicted coward douchebag.

I wished for his bankrupcy after he had spent all his money on weed and vanity and I am happy to see we are getting close.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wow, you really took his exit from Bucks personally.

DudeWah, DonKnock and Mathloom like this.
  6. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Not sure Sanders is near bankruptcy. Most artists are broke and penniless....then they pass
    away & their artwork value goes up.

http://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/teams/milwaukee-bucks

I would say the league has changed since Sanders left the game in 14/15. More conducive
    to his style or potential style of game. Very similar to Capela.

#86 Jatman20, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Is Larry Sanders the guy that quit the NBA basically to smoke pot? Or was that Bynum or some other big?

Anyways, its intriguing. He would fill a pretty big hole on the team and wouldn't cost anything in terms of trade assets. Who knows what kind of shape he's in though. At this point I'll trust Morey's decision in these. Morey has proven he knows how to find diamonds in the rough, but if he decides Sanders isn't worth it I won't doubt it.

Pen15clubber, D-rock and Mathloom like this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

ADDICTED to weed? lol It's amazing you can call someone a drug addict for leaving the league to smoke weed in a league full of people consuming alcohol, anti-inflammatory medication and pain killers like crazy. If anything, it's a f'ing crime that these players are not allowed to use a natural remedy to replace all these harmful pharmaceuticals (which are actually DRUGS) and highly addictive/damaging substances like alcohol. Weed is about as addictive as sugar, less harmful when eaten than sugar, alcohol or tobacco.

Lying is business. I hate it, but it's not a player-only or a Sanders-only problem. Teams lie all the time. Doing something legally doesn't mean it's moral, you're right about that in a general sense. Just like it's legal but immoral for Miami to be wasting part of Bosh's career in the interest of money. If we apply this standard to everyone, then Larry Sanders is playing in a dirty lying league that bans less harmful drugs in favor of harmful ones, that claims to do these things for image and then sends out underpaid overworked dancers in skimpy outfits hundreds of times a season. I guess that's for the family or for the art of dancing huh. lol

Truth is Sanders is worth the minimum even if he's lighting up before the game and at halftime.

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

For real. She makes it seem like he's abusing pills and molesting children.

DudeWah and DonKnock like this.
  10. Normalus

Normalus Member

I think he won't fit there.

11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Steve Kerr basically said weed should be allowed, didn't he? I bet a ton of NBA players smoke pot. If I'm in NBA coach I'd prefer my players smoke weed and play videogames on off-nights than rather than get turnt at a club.

#91 oelman44, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    DudeWah, DonKnock and Mathloom like this.
  12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Never understood this mind-set. We only have one life, who are you to tell people how to spend it? We think its crazy to walk away from a professional sport but not everyone thinks the same way. Pro sports are tough and not everyone wants to live in the spotilight.

Mathloom likes this.
  13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Not to mention popping pain killers and anti inflammatory medication, and these guys are binging on alcohol and no doubt smoking tobacco on the down low.

14. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

More than likely Sanders will be signed to a short-term-finish-the-season contract by some contender.
    It would be much like an audition to see if he can still play among NBA pros. He claims he still plays
    pick up games since leaving the league. Beasley got a new lease on an NBA career last season from
    the Houston Rockets.

D-rock and RocketsTerps like this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

There have been front office guys who have said that they prefer players who smoke weed opposed to alcoholics. Alcohol, according to them, makes the players much less reliable and hinders their play.

fattz likes this.
  16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Harden plays drunk every night and he seems fine. ;)

Pen15clubber and D-rock like this.
  17. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

I trust John Lucas' process.

D-rock and Jatman20 like this.
  18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Most players that tried that would end up playing more like Ty Lawson than Harden

Pen15clubber and RedRedemption like this.
  19. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I would love for John Lucas to work with Sanders. Both men could walk away better from it.

Lucas is doing a great job by the way.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

He obviously did not fit THERE.