1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Dierker Back in the TV Booth. What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Apr 7, 2004.

?

Are You Glad to Have Dierker Back Doing Color?

1. Yes, it's great to have him back

74 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. I don't care either way

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. No, he talks too much

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hearing Dierker back on the air is kind of strange. So what do you think?

Personally, I still think he talks too much.

2. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I like him, no prob here.

3. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I like Dierk alot, but did they just boot JD to the curb? He had greatly improved over the years, and I was actually starting to like him.

4. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Jim Deshaies does Channel 51 knws games. 99% of those games will be on the road.

Larry Dierker is filling in for Bill Worrell for home games until the rockets season is over. Since last nights game was on Fox Sports Net Dierker was the announcer.

I personally think Dierker should be given a full time job. He brings analysis to the table no other commentator can give. He managed the team for 5 years.

5. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Agreed, I really enjoyed his commentary. Good Stuff

6. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

I like Dierker back myself, brilliant commentator and good to have some more insight into the game on hand daily :)

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Dierk is doing the Wednesday night FOX sports net home games even when Bill worrell comes back

8. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

I like him. How about 3 people in the booth?

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I thought that was what's gonna happen once Bill came back.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yes to Dierk. (No to BW, at least for baseball.)

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i love worrell in basketball but he sucks for baseball. use dierker for the home games and deshaies for the road and all is good.

12. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll never forget JD's comment on Derek Bell the Pirate. That was one of the funniest things I had ever heard. When Bell entered "Operation Shutdown" a few years ago refusing to play and staying on his boat near 3 Rivers, JD let this fly:

"Derek Bell is the perfect Pirate, he lives on a boat and is taking people's money without working for it"

13. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I liked him better in the booth.

14. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I like listening to both Dierk and JD..

I personally like JD more but it would be great to have dierk at home and JD on the road

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think it's fantastic to have him back. He has such a vast knowledge of the game in general and hearing his experiences as the manager of many of the current players is great. I would love to have both him and Deshaies in the booth doing color. I really wish that they wouldn't bring Bill Worrell back and let JD do all the road games as well.

16. Buck Turgidson

I've yet to find anyone, anywhere, who enjoys Worrell's work for the 'Stros. He's godawful.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its not what he says... its just how he says it. He's too "campy" (for lack of a better word)... and it almost seems as if he's hosting a kids show called "Astros fun and games!"

He seems much more critical/serious when he's calling the Rockets... but I think a lot of that had to do with the contrast against Calvin Murphy's crazy antics.

Come to think of it... Bill doing games right now with Matt Bullard reminds me a little of Bill doing Astros games....

eeeek :eek:

18. franchise?..NOT

About the time that the Rox crash and burn in the playoffs in a few weeks, Jimmy should have the 'stros at about 12 and 10 and people will be calling for his job. Dierk should be available by then to pick up where he left off 2 years ago. In the meantime we get to listen to one of the best color guys in the business. We fans can't lose!.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think it is that with BB and BW, you have 2 play-by-play guys. That is boring, besides the fact that BW just isn't a good baseball announcer. Having JD or Dierker in there gives us that insiders point of view. Hopefully, the Rockets wil lgo well into the playoffs, keeping BW busy for as long as possible.

(As if that is going to happen)

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

conflict of interest

I like Dierk, and I loved as the manager, but this is weird. What happens when he wants to criticize Jimmy.