1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Coon on 610-Melo offers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Aug 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. koby1868

koby1868 Member

That's not right, they have Chauncey and Lawson. They don't need Aaron Brooks. They'll want Kevin Martin. The best option if we're gonna go that route is to bring in a 3rd team to bring one more player to Houston. In most articles that have been posted, The Nuggets are looking to acquire young talent and picks. We have all of that to offer but I'd hate to see us give up both expiring contracts of Battier and Jefferies as well as Martin and Budinger/Hill plus picks just for Melo. It defeats the purpose of building what DM has put together. The rockets should offer these two teams this trade:

Rockets Trade:
    Battier- Denver
    Jefferies- Denver
    Hill- Denver
    Rockets 2011 Pick- Denver for Melo to Houston
    NY 2012 Pick- Sacramento for Landry to Houston
    Trade Exception- Sacramento for Landry to Houston

Denver Trade:
    Melo- Traded to Houston
    Smith- Traded to Sacramento

Sacramento Trades:
    Landry- Traded to Houston

With this trade it brings Melo to Houston as well as Landry filling the void of letting go of Hill. Sacramento gets a quality SG and fixes a log jam at the PF position clearing room for their 2 draft picks. Denver also gets a good bit of salary relief with the 2 expirings and Sacramento also saves with receiving the trade exception and expring contract of Smith.

Leaving the Rockets with a solid line-up:
    Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Lee
    Melo/Bud
    Scola/Landry/Patterson
    Yao/Miller/Chuck

2. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

if he is racist then why did he own a basketball team? so he can control black people? :rolleyes:

3. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

What does the fact that he owns a basketball team have to do with anything? If a player lets him make money, you think he's gonna care what race he is?

Sterling has been quoted as saying some pretty tough things about minorities... Apparently the only ones he likes are Koreans cause he says they don't complain as much...

4. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

He intentionally use the word N#$$er and meant it as a racial slur. That sounds pretty racist to me.

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Clippers are a pipe dream. Not gonna happen. Gurantee you that.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I think NJ and GS should be our main concern since NJ can offer Harris and Favors, and GS can offer Ellis and Bietres (sp).

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ellis and Biedrins are bad players per se but why would Denver want those contracts?

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

You can argue that Ellis is just as good as Kevin Martin so I wouldnt sleep on GS as far as making a run at Melo.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Whoops. I meant they AREN'T bad players. They AREN'T bad players per se but why would they want those contracts of either? Denver is probably going to rebuild after they trade Carmelo.(Trade Billups, and should they find suitors, Smith, Anderson, Martin, and/or Nene

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I hope you're right because if we get Melo this team will be a legit title contender. Im sure Denver will make us take either Kenyon Martin or JR Smith in da deal. Just like Orlando made us take Juwon Howard in the T-Mac deal.

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

If Denver is looking to rebuild, I do not see why they would have interest in taking on Martin's deal.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i dont see em wanting KM's 10m+/yr 3 yr contract... and i wouldnt be willing to give up Brooks...
    Battier/Jeffries/Hill (all expiring) + they could have the next two years of picks...all of em....NY picks, second rounds, whatever.... we got Chase, Patterson...screw a couple years of picks to pull a blue chipper....and for Denver...cap space as contracts expire and a load of draft picks....