1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Coon on 610-Melo offers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Aug 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Larry Coon = aelliott? :eek:

2. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

can't listen at work - summary?

3. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Lots of rumors

Denver is in no real rush to get extension done

If Melo makes noise, Nuggets may have to take notice

Two different perspectives

Deal has to make sense for both teams

No obligation to cater to list of teams

Which team an make best offer?

Knicks can offer Galianari and Randolph

Houston can trump that offer

Clippers can probably make the best offer

Kaman + Aminu + Minny 2012 pick (unprotected)

If Melo doesn't want to be a Clipper, than Rockets may win by default

For Rockets trade, some big names will have to be included: Perhaps SHane, Brooks, Martin, and Knicks picks

Young picks and young talent is always a premimum

Other potential things that can happen

Of Course the Nuggets can trade him to place he doesn't want to go

Melo can still take the contract

What ever team trades him will want him to sign an extended trade, which means that Melo signs an extension, and then gets traded

Rockets trade exception can not be packaged with another player

Clippers can make the best deal, but its all for naught if Melo doesn't want to play for Clippers

Melo would look good with a potential Martin and Yao...(if they can stay healthy)

3 people like this.
  4. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Jordan/
    Griffin/Smith/Cook
    Melo/Gomes/Blakely
    Gordon/Butler/Warren
    Baron/Foye/Bledsoe

Clippers would need another C (perhaps Dampier), but that would be one nasty Clipper team...

Clippers or Rockets, either way I'm happy..

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

No superstar will ever want to play for that racist prick of an owner in Sterling.

If Melo becomes a Clipper, I wouldn't be shocked if he came down with a serious season ending injury or something. That franchise is facing bad karma as a result of their Owner.

Karma is a female dog!

1 person likes this.
  6. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

You always get yourself into trouble

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Umm? I'm stating facts.

Read some articles about their owner. He is a 1st class sleazeball who hates minorities.

8. bj2flyy

bj2flyy Member

All I know is that the rockets should not include Brooks or Martin inthis trade..

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

call em out bro

10. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

We're gonna have to part with one of them, face the facts. We are trading for a superstar, not some high end role player like Granger or Iguodala.

I would rather part with Martin as well.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

brooks, battier, martin, and knicks picks?

that's a hell of a lot to ask for. 2 20 pt scorers and 2 high to mid 1st round picks. i know it's melo but really hurts our scoring, depth, speed, and ability to spread the floor for yao losing brooks and martin. then trying to get the 2 knick picks on top of that? that hurts our ability to replace the depth we lose. i know it's being greedy but we have to keep brooks and martin and acquire melo to seriously think about contending...even though i still feel like we are a bit short (depending on yao). to do this deal morey would have to really believe lee is a legit starting 2 that can give you 15 ppg and that ish is a legit 20 mpg guy. seems like a huge leap of faith and this doesn't seem like a morey-esque deal.

i still think acquiring martin makes little sense for denver but that's me. if i'm denver i'm saving money, acquiring cheap young talent and picks, and blowing up the team. the clippers offer makes sense too. that minny pick is likely going to be very high with KAAAAAAAAAAAHNNN running the twolves and they get the 8 pick from this year. kaman would seem to be a very tradeable asset also.

12. University Blue

Trading KM (and probably AB) with the rest of the package would be a move backwards, IMO.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Melo has yet to say he is interested in the Clippers which is good for us. What is also good for us, if we are his main target then Melo holds Denver by their nuts. He can tell any team he wont sign an extension with them and scare them off. If Melo wants to come to Houston, he will make sure Denver does not make us give up too much. My opinion.

14. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Too much to give up IMO.

I would only part with one of Martin or Brooks.

Denver would probably want Brooks, but I would send Martin instead.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

honestly, i don't think the nuggets want/need brooks with billups and lawson as their future pg.

i can see them starting negotiation by asking for martin. in all honesty, i would want to trade martin if we got melo. brooks/martin/melo = too many guys that want to shoot and not play defense. so give them martin...

they would want 2 future picks, but probably not this years knicks pick. this years pick is an option to swap picks. if the nuggets trade melo, most likely they will have a better pick than the knicks, so no swap and no pick. i'm sure they would rather the rockets 2012 pick and the knicks 2012 pick. i wouldn't mind that since we still keep the option to swap with the knicks this summer.

lastly, to even the salaries they would ask for shane who would fit nicely with billups, martin & nene... but i would give almost anything to keep him and send jeffries, including hill, patterson, or both. like larry coon said, extra value is placed on young players when you are rebuilding. hopefully that would be enough to let us keep shane.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Shane, Brooks, Martin and picks...???? HELLL NOOOOO

17. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

If they had to include one of these guys, I'd rather not trade at all.

18. joesr

joesr Member

I see them wanting Chase over Shane and they will want a SF.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

I have been thinking about this lately. I will be really happy if we can send them Brooks instead of Martin for Melo. Brooks+Battier+Jefferies+A young gun (CBud, Hill or Patterson) and a NY pick option. I have confidence in Lowry and I think we need Martin on this team after Yao's back. I agree Martin makes more sense than Brooks for Denver though.