1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Coon lowers the boom on JB and any Utah Offers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Heros to who?

Rocket River

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

NOW I am curious as to . . . WHAT ARE THESE INCENTIVES?

Rocket River

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Hero to DD's hero - DMO of course

4. jsingles

jsingles Member

Rashmon, DonKnock and lnchan like this.
  5. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

DMo is a below average player and apparently a moron.

6. radcan61

radcan61 Contributing Member

Yes he passed and then on Friday they made their offer. that's what I read on their site

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

This is ridiculous.

Mr. Motiejunas....do you still want to play basketball?

I'd tell him he's got until noon to show up and pass a physical, else he can consider this season "off".

Ridamnediculous.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  8. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

[​IMG]

Late reply to this earlier post... but got distracted mid-edit. Not as good as @Rodman23 #comeoutofretirementplease

Rodman23, Jatman20, J.R. and 3 others like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

What happens if Dmo takes our physical and fails it ? I assume he would then go to the nets on his signed contract right ?

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Hmmm, no I think if that is the case he becomes an UFA.

DD

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Why would that happen ? I don't know the CBA well so we will have to get @heypartner or @BimaThug to answer but I would assume if a player fails the matching teams physical after passing the offering teams one he would have still have signed a contract with the Nets making it so that he has to go there .

Taking and failing the physical would probably be like the rockets choosing not to match

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yea if you became UFA DMo probably are home right now falling down the stairs trying to fail the physical on purpose lol

13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

That is correct. If D-Mo fails the Rockets' physical, the Rockets can either keep him or withdraw their right of first refusal match, in which case he would automatically become a Brooklyn Net.

Here is the excerpt from the CBA (which is in Larry Coon's article):

In the event the player does not pass the physical examination: (i) the ROFR Team may withdraw its First Refusal Exercise Notice within two (2) days following the date upon which such physical examination is conducted; and (ii) if the First Refusal Exercise Notice is withdrawn, the player and the New Team shall be deemed to have entered into a Player Contract in accordance with the provisions of Section 5(f) above.

craguin likes this.
  14. Nivos

Nivos Member

To be honest, if the details are true and Morey played him like that, it's just wrong.
    This is not a negotiations about buying a company, it's someone's salary.
    I would be pissed as hell if someone will pull a trick like that on me, and say '**** it', im not putting my heart and soul for this guy.
    I thought Morey grew up from 'its just numbers' and came to understand in Wade's words: 'relationships matters'.
    Very bad to the team reputation if true

JJWhat? likes this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Also we have not yet recieved confirmation that the incentives are a no go in Houston right ?

There has been plenty of speculation and one tweet from someone fairly trustworthy , but if I understand correctly usually incentives are matched only after the physical is done right ?

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

How would Morey have played him when the Nets wrote the contract and DMo signed it?

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Super powers, man.

DonKnock and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. Nivos

Nivos Member

Because it's not a game. We're not all lawyers, and yes his agent ****ed up, he should've fired this fool months ago.
    But, where I come from, a word is a word. As a simple man, if I agree on certain terms, and then the other side starts changing the terms, I say '**** him'.
    Most of these players are not savvy business man like y'all in Clutch fans. Respect does matter. And if it is true, it was disrespectful of the team to take advantage of an already good deal.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you are foolish enough to hire someone as stupid as B. J. Armstrong to be your representative, then you deserve whatever happens to you.

Remlap and Tha_Dude like this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I might agree with you if there had been even one case of this ever happening before.

The one who gave his word is DMo when he signed the deal. Now he wants to go back on it and hold out cause he got a better offer after the fact?