1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Brown wanting to coach again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darmor90, Jan 20, 2011.

1. darmor90

darmor90 Member

Hey guys, this is my first thread; although I posted in other threads. So it appears Larry Brown wants to coach again after only a few weeks removed from the Bobcats. Is he someone the Rox should pursue next year with Adelman's contract being expired? He's won a championship with hard team defense, something that this Rockets team does not resemble. The last few cities he's coached for have been gutterballs, but one could easily make the argument that both teams had bad management. So would a pairing of Brown and Morey improve this team?

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

No.

Already posted in dish.

/thread

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I don't want to see Larry keel over dead on our court.

#3 jopatmc, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  4. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Pass. I don't think coaching is the issue. We need a defensive center.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No. Not interested. This guy can never last with a team.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He'd be an upgrade on Kubiak.

1 person likes this.
  7. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I'll take Rambis before I take him ..

He doesnt coach players only robots ..

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Larry Brown has shown his true color in the past 5 years or so. He is running out of teams who still think his coaching ability (which is actually quite good) is worth the trouble.

9. darmor90

darmor90 Member

honestly, I don't hate Adelman. It's just that Larry Brown has won a championship while Adelman has been oh so close a few times. Both are fine coaches in my opinion. The thing is, the Yao era is over. Adelman spent years molding players to fit around Yao. Maybe if we got a new coach, we can get to where we want to go faster and more productive. And you know Brown won't take shortcuts on defense.

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Sorry.. at this point Adelman is still the better choice. If Adelman decide to retire, then I would let Elston Turner take over, keeping everything in the coaching staff intact.

Coaching isnt the issue we have at the moment. Its lack of size and defensive players.

11. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

We already have a coach. His name is Rick Adelman and I'm happy with him.

No, to Larry.

BTW Rick hasn't spent years molding around Yao. He's been here only a short time and Yao hasn't even played much for him. The grass is not always greener on the otherside.

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Larry Brown is great if you think you want to rebuild. he will come in and destroy your team and when he leaves you will be in the lottery. He will take your money and run. I have never understood why so many owners are so enamored with him. He had a good college career and som early success in the NBA but since he has lost his senses. He has more myth than success now and always charges top dollar. He is a pathetic coach that could not motivate Forrest Gump to run. He should write another book. That is all his worth IMO.

13. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Is Norman Fell not available instead?...

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I know Larry Brown personally, and there is NO ****ING WAY, I would want him coaching the Rockets.

The man is poison.

DD

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Our role players can fit next to any all-star and what we still need, I am sure DM can find. I can't blame him for not finding a defensive center yet given what we were left with in terms of contracts. DM has done a fantastic accumulating solid players with very manageable contracts, despite being burdened for the most part by huge contracts belonging to injury prone dead weights like T-Mac and Yao. A lot of you are saying we should have signed or found one earlier. I say he has tried but no options were feasible:

- We bid for Gortat, but could not afford more than the MLE, which is what he signed for
    - Westside has a lot of potential, but so far none of that has manifested
    - Blair has knee problems and is a ticking bomb
    - Patterson is a very long lasting role player for us. He is smart and effective. That is more than I can say for most bigs before him in the draft.
    - We tried to get Cousins or another great big in the draft but no one would trade with us to move up

I am not going to pin past passes, non-decisions, or lack of bigs on DM yet, but his decisions after this season with Yao FINALLY coming off the books will determine how good he is.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That's all well and good, but does Houston want to suck again? I don't mean just suck, but really really really suck. If so, let's see what Brown can do for us...

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Adelman's Kings vs. Brown's Pistons?

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

No thanks. If we had a fully-loaded veteran team then I'd LOVE him as a coach. with these rookies and young guys and a team going nowhere...hmm...Larry Brown is the best X's and O's coach in the entire league, but he KILLS rookies. I'd want Larry if I had a contender though.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

No Brown for the Rox.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

LB has become the black Allen Iverson, sadly. Once great, but seems diminished and too much drama to be worth gambling on.