1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Brown complained?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Mar 21, 2001.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

How about this major stat padding by the Kings. Were they afraid the Rockets were going to make it look respectable? Unbelievable. I hate this team with a passion now. Instead of my casual dislike of the Kings, I truly HATE that team. The Rockets gave Langhi a buzzer beating alleyoop in the Philly blowout, and Larry Brown was pissed. Look what the bloody Kings did! All 5 starters were on the floor for the Kings, while the Rockets (smartly) stuck to their third string. They made NO attempts to run the clock down, and were just out to embarass the Rockets.
    Maybe it's the Francis atrocity talking, but this just really bothers me.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For once, Tweak, I think no one will fault you in the slightest for possibly overreacting at all. I am only glad I couldn't actually watch this game, or I would be going crazy right now, I know it...

Regardless, I will be sending an email to the NBA. Even if I think it won't do anything, I will let them know they are morons.

------------------
    "Any event, once it has occurred, can be made to appear inevitable by a competent historian."
    Lee Simonson

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I keep trying to tell myself: "Clippers next! CLippers next!", but that doesn't help anymore. I hope that this cheat of a game really drives the Rockets even more. I think it will! Watch out CLippers and Sonics!

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

------------------

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I didn't see the game, but if it looked like the Kings were trying to show up the Rockets without Francis then that is pure classless. Maybe the Kings were trying to give C Webb reasons to stay in Sac. I'm not mad at the Kings...my anger is directed towards one b@$t@rd - the referee.

------------------

6. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

I think the Kings went back to their starters when they realized the lead had been cut to 10 or so. I don't think they were padding stat or what.

Just my $0.02.

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Well, with 30 seconds left, they still tried their best to embarass the Rockets. They scored something like 8 points in the final minute, against Houston's third string. They played like it was a one point game, and made no effort to run the clock down. At least when Langhi scored at the buzzer, it was third string versus third string. The Kings, however, had their best group on the floor, and deliberately tried to embarass the Rockets. Although I think the Rockets partly brought it on themselves with their sub-sub-subpar defense, it was still poor sportsmanship on the part of the Kings.

------------------

8. The Voice of Reason

I got yer $.02, and I got a nickel for ya. if they wernt padding, than how come webber got a trip dub with 7 sec to play??

they were there to make the score look ugly, and get webb his trip dub.

i cant blame them for this, as they didnt want the box score to lokk close. they DOMINATED the first quarter and i can asee how they wanted the blowout.

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

9. Hydra

Hydra Member

Webb got a rebound for the triple double. The starters were in for the kings because the bench allowed the laed to be cut to 10 with 6 minutes left. I wish Rudy would have put the three of our starters that were available back in. We actually had a shot at this game I felt, in spite of Mobley's injury and the refs' crap.

------------------
    "We messed with the Bull, and we got the horns." -- Larry Brown "quote" from AirBullard.com

10. Stan Gable

Stan Gable Member

Hydra, I totally agree with you. There were over six minutes left on the clock, and we had cut the lead to eleven. My only thinking is that Rudy felt that without Steve and I guess Cuttino (he limped off apparently), we had no chance. I still would have liked to see Mo and Shandon and Moochie go out there and make one last run at it.

------------------

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

With 2:31 left the Kings had 118 points and they finished with 125, so they scored 7 (3 baskets, 1 FT) points in the last 2:30 minutes (you can check the game log on the ESPN web site). In the game I was watching, for the most part, they ran the clock down late. If you think they were trying to embarrass the Rockets you are dead wrong. They were simply trying to make sure they won a game and didn't let a lead slip away. Do you think Adelman WANTED to put Webber back in?

Wouldn't you be upset with Rudy T. if the Rocket bench allowed a team to come back from 24 to 11 points with 6 mintues left and he did nothing about it?

------------------

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't care what any of you say...I don't want Chris Webber on my damn team. This guy has destroyed the Rockets for what seems like forever. We owe this guy butt kickings for the rest of his nba career. We cannot do that if he is on our team. As far as I'm concerned, the guy is on par with Saddam Hussein. Plus, I hate anyone that ever wore a Kings uniform. NO EXCEPTIONS. Sure, he can help us but he can help a lot of teams. I don't want the guy on MY TEAM DAMMIT. Even if he continues to kick our butts for years to come, someday...somehow...we will have our redemption. Until that day, stay out of Houston, Webber! I'm calm, dude! Calmer than you are! calmer than you are...take it easy.

* Surfguy takes a deep breath

Just kidding....as long as he doesn't turn into a lazy, low-scoring, weak minded, injured player reject once he joins the Rockets, we could use him for the simple reason that he won't be beating the crap out of us any more. I don't see how the Kings could let Webber go or, for that matter, why he would even want to leave as good as the Kings appear to be. The Kings could go all the way this year and they can only get better next season with Webber. Now, I don't follow the Kings or their payroll(because I hate them DAMMIT) but, if I were them, I would do everything in my power to keep him. Anyone care to rehash why everyone thinks Webber will leave the Kings and be a Rocket?

Surf

------------------

13. SandB/Bill

SandB/Bill Member

A quote from The Sacramento Bee:

Adelman didn't plan on giving Webber the chance for this triple double. The Kings led by as much as 96-72 late in the third quarter. Webber had played all 36 minutes through three quarters and was slated to sit out the fourth.

But Sacramento's defense became ineffective and was accented by an offense that did not move the ball or moved the ball too much, or just missed shots or turned the ball over before it had a chance.

"I was going to give (the starters) a little more rest," Adelman said. "But we didn't do the things we have been talking about, like moving the ball and trusting each other on offense instead of trying to do everything individually. When the lead got to 12, that was it."

------------------