1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Laredo Taco Company

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Scarface281, Jan 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I was real hesitant about getting food from a gas station, but I had a friend who swore by it, so I tried them out this morning. My gawd this **** is so damn good. Everyone go to Stripes and get you some big tacos that are real cheap. Great deals.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Depends where you go. If you're in urban areas the odds are an old Mexican women is making them thus they will be good.

If you are in BFE odds are some fast food burn out might be making them thus them being bad.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yup, we had a Stripes open close to work about 6 months ago. $99 bean and cheese burrito and $99 bacon and egg on made from scratch, hand rolled tortillas. I go there twice a week at least. Things are freaking huge too.

4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Yeah, Stripes tacos are the ****. Real cheap and they're not even tacos in my opinion, pretty much burritos lol

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Man I'm a breakfast taco fiend, but I've eaten at the stripes in league city a couple times and I thought they were very average. Good value, but not the best taste.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

For nearly $100 a piece, they'd better be the size of a freaking frisbee and made with only the finest ingredients!

7. leroy

I just moved back to The Woodlands in November from the Austin area where you can get a breakfast taco on just about any corner. I get back here and there are, at least from what I can find, 2 places. One of which, Taco USA, is a traveshamockery. They use frozen hash brown patties as their "potatoes". I can't explain how much that hurts me and makes me want to move back just for a decent taco. I don't understand why there are so few taco places in this part of town.

8. Scionxa

Drive down to 2920 in Spring. There's a breakfast taco place that's owned by white folks on ever corner. Arturos is good though. I once counted like 10 places just from Wunsche High School down to Kuykendahl.

Stay away from Sunrise Taquito on 2920. They're good but you will wiat like 35 minutes for a damn taco

9. leroy

Too far. Shouldn't have to get on the freeway just to get a damn taco!

10. Scarface281

That's because you're in The Woodlands. Would be like living in Round Rock.

11. Scionxa

If you're from Austin yeah I see what you mean lol.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

13. The Boz

The Boz Member

The barbacoa tacos at Stripes are delicious.

14. Buck Turgidson

Believe it or not there are Mexican folks outside of the Big City. This being Texas and so far north of the border and all, I know it's shocking to hear.

Stripes as a company is awesome. Cheap gas, cheap beer/stuff, VERY clean facilities, solid foodstuffs.

15. leroy

Which is exactly where I was living. I had 5 places within 2 miles of my house I could choose from every morning.

16. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

17. Scarface281

Okay, then Cedar Park :p. The Woodlands just don't got it. You would have to go to Spring for more options on morning tacos.

18. Indaface

Indaface Member

It's a decent cheap breakfast taco...nothing that is game changing though.

On Sunday mornings I like going to a meat market and getting some barbacoa/tortillas/refried beans/salsa and making delicious breakfast tacos at home.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This guy gets it.

On weekends Half pound of Barbacoa, an avacado and a cup of Pozole and maybe out for a nap.

20. Raven

Raven Member

They are pretty much the only store bought breakfast tacos I've ever had. They have more grease than flavor, though I deem them an acceptable vehicle for my crystal hot sauce. :p

Is it safe for me to assume that they are middle of the road as far as breakfast tacos go?

PS, it's a pity they don't offer low carb tortillas as an option.