1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Laptop overheating?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DonnyMost, Dec 24, 2005.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I've had a Dell Laptop with an ATI 9600 Radeon Pro Turbo graphics card for a little over a half year now and the card recently died on me.

Dell replaced the card, but ever since then my laptop has been overheating whenever I'm playing games like Call of Duty 2 or World of Warcraft.. The screen freezes up and then eventually it goes to an all blue screen and I can do nothing but shut the comp down..

I'm not sure Dell will take care of this problem, but are there any other personal remedies I can do?

Any help is appreciated..

2. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

these are pretty intense graphic games, at least CoD2 is, maybe the GPU can't handle it??

3. DonnyMost

I would go along with that except for the fact that before my original video card died, these games worked perfectly.

4. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

too much power to the GPU??

5. DonnyMost

Is this a controlable setting?

6. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

ill put my money on the heat sink.. blame dell for it, and make them fix it if it is under warranty... dont try to do anything on your own... if they dont fix it, speak to a manager, then his manager, and keep harrasing till they fixit...

i jsut had to go thru this with hp... and got mine fixed
    it was the heatsink and the mobo, both replaced for free

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Call support. If it is under warranty, they will fix or at least try to fix it.