1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Langhi Getting More Time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Dec 24, 2000.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

According to the Chronicle, Dan Langhi will be seeing more playing time in upcoming games. The coaching staff has decided he deserves more looks and they want to see how it goes.

Of course, he probably won't get the kind of time he got against the Warriors because of the injuries to Steve and Cuttino, but anything is good.

------------------
    The way to use life is to do nothing through acting,
    The way to use life is to do everything through being. - Lao-Tzu

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'd still like to know why he hasn't been getting more time. Is it because he can't learn the plays/offense?

Even if he plays lackluster defense, it can't be that much worse than what we already have and the addition of possible mismatch problems would be a plus.

------------------
    "I give up. Oh my holy hell I give up." -- Clutch expresses utter frustration in encountering difficulties trying to communicate across a damn bbs. (It's even funnier if you picture Homer Simpson saying it)

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I wondered that myself but I heard recently that he had struggled a bit in practice and with some of the plays. His learning curve was just a bit longer than some of the others. I actually heard it compared to Sam Cassell who didn't get any time his rookie season until after the All Star break. At that time, Scottie Brooks was getting the bulk of the minutes.

------------------
    The way to use life is to do nothing through acting,
    The way to use life is to do everything through being. - Lao-Tzu

4. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

YUSSSSSS!!! This is great news, that Dan the Man is finally getting a chance to prove himself to the rockets.

Did everyone see how well he played yesterday? He had tremendous leaping ability for the boards, and his D was pretty good too.

------------------

5. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

ahh man jeff you brought up name of the great scotty brooks!

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

6. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I,too, thought Langhi played pretty good defense against Elliot. Elliot is very quick and took him off the dribble and drew a foul going to the basket. However, he didn't get the shot to fall, which is good. After that, I think he took 2 more shots against Langhi and missed both.

Langhi was going to the boards strong, too. He showed good energy, even though he was 1-3 in FGA.

------------------

7. Live

Live Member

Didn't Langhi play PF in college? Maybe he had trouble adjusting to primarily being a perimeter player. Just a thought.

------------------
    "ON-BEE-TAH-BULL!!", Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon, alumnus, University of Houston

8. RENDIGGLER3:20

All I know is that Langhi needs to play!In the little minutes Langhi has been in the game he has been very active,even in the RMR!In the preseason he looked a little wild but he looks like he has over come the excitement of playing in the NBA.

He can play 3 positions maybe having some trouble with 1on1 defense against the PFs.

He can play pretty good defense can score at will and he crashes the board after every Rocket shot,because he is trying to get those rebound dunks!

I love him and think he should be starting right now,but I understand he is a rookie and has to pay his due but If someone is that active everytime he gets a few minutes I dont think you can just keep him on the bench!

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

9. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

He is the guy who can play 3 or 4 when he was w/ Vanderbilt. I'm happy to hear that he will get some decent playing time.I think he will be awesome on offensive bords.

------------------
    Rudy T. will find and fulfill Rockets destiny.

10. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I hate to join the conversation on a collateral matter (on a comment made three days ago, no less!) but I just wanted to correct an obvious inaccuracy. Sammy started 4 games in November his rookie season (Smith injured) and rejoined the rotation for a few games in January (Maxwell out) prior to the all-star break. He played well on both occassions. It wasn't learning curve that kept his PT low, it was good players ahead of him.

Carry on! On topic, I'm glad to see Langhi getting some minutes.

------------------
    "Thirty-seven?" -Randall, Clerks
    www.clutchtown.com

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Langhi getting minutes...finally.

Maybe Rudy has seen enough of Walt to last a lifetime.

What can we get for Walt and Cato? Do you think we could get Fizer for them?

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from Monkeys and Apes, then why are there still Monkeys and apes?

12. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I think he might have played the 4 at Vanderbilt but he always played like a 3 so its not an adjustment for him

------------------

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DaDakota

Maybe For Walt and Cato
    we can get
    two sammiches . . . no two real sammiches
    or
    At least
    Langhi and Collier
    [Am I wrong in thinking we could
    really use collier now]

Rocket River

------------------

14. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I wouldn't trade Cato straight up for Fizer. I don't like his game at all. Cato at least has the potential to be a defensive force, but who can Marcus guard on the court ? He's also shooting 40 % from the field.

The next thing you know, you'll want to trade Francis to Vancouver for Dickerson. [​IMG]

Dadakot no gusta Steve Francis [​IMG]

------------------
    "I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence ?

15. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Hey, that's a great idea! Let's trade Cato and Wizard for Dickerson and Othella! I'd do it. We'd be getting a SG/SF in Dickerson who can hit 3's, drive, and do stuff [​IMG] and we can get a scoring C/PF in Harrington who can rebound and play defense!

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

16. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

So when exactly is he supposed to be getting more time?

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Around Christmas everybody gets some court action....but because we are in the middle of a losing streak, T will make some alternations to shake things up.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

18. Live

Live Member

I would prefer Crawford over Fizer.

But at least you came up with a REASONABLE trade idea, unlike some on this board who are on realgm.com trying to make that Brand/Crawford/Fizer/1st rounders for Walt/Bullard trade work.

GEEZ!! [​IMG]

------------------
    "ON-BEE-TAH-BULL!!", Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon, alumnus, University of Houston