1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LANCE ZIERLEIN JOINING CHARLIE PALLILO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Aug 19, 2012.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Member

Matt and Adam in the AM, Charlie and Lance in the PM. On paper, I like it.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am surprised they are doing this after they got the no 1 morning show. JR is a real juggernaut based on their ratings.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

I'm stoked that it's Matt & Adam again, but I think Charlie and Lance are going to struggle. Charlie has been solo for a while now and Lance is more of a yukster than Charlie. If they can make it work, they'll own the airwaves. I think Lance would be happier taking Josh's place at 610, though. He and Rich seem like they'd be a good pair.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Member

Always thought Charlie was too much of a control freak to do a 2 man show again. But I like it. Him and Lance will pretty much kill the J&R show, which I think is the goal. I know Charlie loves interacting with callers but that formula can only sustain listeners for so long, and frankly I switched the dial sometimes just because it got monotonous.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Sports news of the day.........no...nothing really.

I do like Charlie a lot but I sure am sick of him saying that all the time.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

They really need to promote the HELL out of this. Aggressively.

Like I said in the other thread, there is a significant percentage of casual sports talk listeners in Houston who have no idea that any other station besides 610 even exists. This is the (only) reason 610 will probably always dominate the drive time slot. That's when most of them are in their cars.

When I listen to J and R, I get the feeling that Rich is just DYING to be paired up with a better co-host. But as long as the ratings and money keep flowing in, he's content to put his respect for his craft aside, just follow Josh's idiotic lead and go with the flow. You can just hear it in his voice. He's checked out and is just on cruise control.

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Great news! I guess Craig was right.

8. mogrod

mogrod Member

Thank you Lord! Now I have no reason now to flip over and listen to Josh-Whine 610. I like Charlie, but I just get tired of hearing him rant by himself. So, between that 610 having some exclusive Texans' content are the only reasons I would listen to it anymore. So glad Vandemeer is doing that stuff in the evenings.

Love how Josh would always say, "Hey, you bit** and complain about me and yet you still listen." Well bud, I've barely listened for months and it will go to nil starting Monday.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

Haven't listened to them in a while, but I heard the same thing from Rich. He's given up. I think he would leave in a heart beat but between an assuming fat paycheck and (perhaps the more distinguishing reason) the benefits of him working with the texans...he's just on biding his time

10. durvasa

durvasa Member

A couple years back, it seemed like everyone here hated Rich Lord. Funny how things change.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's the ugly friend technique.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

13. DieHard Rocket

Don't listen to much afternoon radio but Charlie puts me to sleep when I listen to him on the way home. I like him and respect his opinions, but it's tough to listen to sometimes. This should be good.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Member

I still think of Rich the same, a bland PC out of towner from the northeast who doesn't know a lot about sports (especially local sports) but is affable enough to stay around and be gainfully employed because he says the right things. His lack of sports knowledge doesn't bother me anymore, but I still remember him saying on the radio that he didn't know Hakeem was drafted before Jordan.

The J&R show is basically a TMZ gossip style show that disguises as a sports talk show, as sports knowledge wise those 2 are amongst the weakest in the houston field.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It'll be interesting. I feel they should at least beta test a move this big. Maybe 2 times a week at first. I definitely prefer it but there are a LOT of people out there that just want to hear Charlie. You know the ones, the people that call in to talk baseball from 1967.

On a side note I think Matt Thomas needs a co-host. He needs to be checked. I used to like the subtle humor but now he's acting like a kid when the teacher is out of the classroom. Someone needs to put shackles on the shenanigans before it gets out of hand.

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Oh hell yeah! No reason except for the Texans to tune into 610 now.

I get that feeling not just with Rich, but all of the hosts when it comes to Josh.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler will continue as co-hosts of KBME’s morning show. Former NFL players Greg Koch and ND Kalu are now working from 10 a.m. to noon, followed by Matt Thomas from noon to 3 p.m. The Zierlein-Pallilo tandem debuts Monday. Dylan Gwinn will work from 7 to 9 p.m., a slot that will be pre-empted frequently during NBA season as Rockets games move to KBME, but which may open the door for some Rockets postgame work for him.[/rQUOTEr]

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

I just hope that this doesn't increase the chances of Charlie leaving. he is by far the best sports talk host in Houston (and one of the better in the country), and at some point you have to think he might be attracted to larger markets... hopefully getting Lance squeezed into his show doesn't speed up that attraction...

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Can't get too much larger than the Houston radio market, which is ranked sixth, IIRC. I'm sure he will stay.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Charlie will never leave Houston. He's said a million times that he is totally content here and has turned down plenty of offers to leave.