1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LANCE ZIERLEIN JOINING CHARLIE PALLILO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Aug 19, 2012.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i like josh innes, i was a big john and lance fan, i heard them from the beginning replicing ed fowler and the other guy can't think of his name back in 97. but his act has gotten old, he's just not as funny as he used to be and i don't think he is as knowledgable as people claim.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Poor Lance trying to talk about Ricky Gervais and Breaking Bad today and all Jackson could say was dur dur speak amurrican or I can't understand dur dur pass me:) another Bud Light

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

charlie makes over six figures, there was an article in the chronicle that said so when he moved to 790

my favorite charlie palilo tidbit

yes i have no life, i've telling this on this website this long. i had to look it up because i forgot that the other qb was chris chandler

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not caught up on Breaking Bad. Heard Lance mention Walter White and I had to turn the station for 5 minutes in fear. He better watch it with that. I already heard what might have been a spoiler.

5. Kam

Kam Member

They take your morning ratings, and now they take your Texans post game show.

They're going to have an unofficial post game show!

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Word. They're already running ads on 610 for it - "you've been annexed by the mighty nation. Cleanest, most fact-based programming on air.".

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I heard on the radio today they got 50K bonuses. I am guessing they are not only making 6 figures, but closer to 200k then 100k.

8. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

No doubt. Thing is dude is a MD. I would hate to have him as my doctor.

So doc, hows my broken pinkie toe looking? "OK, look, you're probably gonna die, so don't get your hopes up."

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you're guessing waaaay wrong. they make their money from advertising the commercials they personally do

10. wreck

wreck Member

Still an awesome job to have. I'd do it for 75k, actually id do it for minimum wage

11. DieHard Rocket

I am certain that was a joke in reference to all the hoopla on Twitter yesterday. I heard it too. I'm sure they will get a bonus but local radio hosts just don't make that kind of money.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it was definitely said tongue in cheek

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

actually here's the article i must have been thinking of, i remember however lance also referencing a david barron piece on charlie when 790 started and charlie left 610. it mentioned how much he would make.

houston press article on sports talk

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Am I the only one who cant read that quote without hearing Pallilo's voice reading it? The 'real job' part is even articulated Pallilo style... weird.

15. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I read it that way too. I guess that's how you know he's a real institution on Houston radio.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

R.I.P. Josh.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

So will it be Lance and Charlie or is Lance hosting a show at 3pm solo?

18. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

What exactly is the new lineup for 790? I've heard commercials, but cannot find any specifics.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

3-7 is Charlie's window. Sounds like Lance really is joining him. Good.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Charlie is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. He gives the facts, makes an intelligent analysis and there isn't a lot of fluff in his show. It does get a little boring hearing only his voice so long, but he does a good job of keeping a flowing sports dialog simply with his own stream of consciousness.

Lance is football savvy, which will clearly favor ratings since most people assume 610 is the place to go for football talk simply because they cover the Texans. He also has a bit of a goofy sense of humor, as opposed to Charlie who isn't humorless but usually prefers sarcasm and snark to the slapstick stuff.

I will be interested in listen and see how it plays out.