1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LANCE ZIERLEIN JOINING CHARLIE PALLILO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Granville

Granville Member

I think Bijani is a volunteer coach for North Shore Football. His regular job is at a Elementary or Jr High.

Bijani can't be making much money at all.

Rich Lord doesn't deserve to be making over 6 bucks for his performance on the radio.

2. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I suppose (much) stranger things have happened in the Houston sports radio market, but I would be very surprised if this was the case, whether your are referring to them letting Charlie go or just move him to another time slot.

I think he's tailor made for the afternoon drive when you consider how caller-based his show is and if they were to let him go, he would be a free agent for all of 15 seconds before one of the other stations in town scooped him up. Charlie isn't for everyone, but there's no denying that he knows his stuff and has a devoted following in this city.

3. Precision340

Precision340 Member

this.. but will still listen if true!!

4. BigM

BigM Member

There's no way 790 would fire or move Charlie. If he ever left it would be on his own terms.

5. Rasputin12

Rasputin12 Member

As knowledgeable as Charlie is, he is boring! He needs someone with him on the show. If you didn't listen to him back when he was with Rich, you don't know how much better the show is when someone else is in studio with him.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

6 FIGURES?!? LOLLL wow. I'd be VERY surprised if Rich Lord makes anything over $75,000 from his gig at 610. Now if he gets paid for appearances, his work with the Texans, and other things, then he MIGHT get closer to 6 figures....but WELL OVER 6 figures?? No way in hell. He's a LOCAL radio jockey. He's not national, and even then....radio guys do not get paid nearly as much as TV.

7. DieHard Rocket

This.

Only syndicated guys, like Rome, Howard Stern, maybe Dan Patrick make that kind of money.

8. BigM

BigM Member

I disagree that he's boring, but you're right, him and rich together was even better. Still he's not going anywhere unless he wants to.

9. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

This is great news! I listen to CP anyways, because I cant stand Josh Innes. Adding Lance with CP should be good stuff.

10. Another Brother

Be very surprised then. Josh earns more than that.

They talked about it on the show several months ago.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

I like a conversation better than a monologue when it comes to sports talk.

12. conquistador#11

Maybe they were talking about Figs? like fig newtons and not money?

no way he makes more than rich. they can replace josh with DD and they would have the same ratings for that show. It's the jay leno effect as josh claims and nothing to do with quality.

13. Another Brother

I was referring to the 75 grand, Josh earns more than that according to them.

14. wreck

wreck Member

Conversation leads to a bunch of randomness. I dont want to hear two people argue on the same point for minutes at a time with limited arguments.

I want to hear them talk sports not share stories of their past or whatever it is co-hosts do.

Lance sounds great on his own but Charlie knows his stuff. I wouldnt complain if they were together. Whatever keeps matt and adam just matt and adam. The big 3 is a big mess.

15. jdh008

jdh008 Member

You mean to say that Josh makes more than that. Whether or not he earns it is hotly debated.

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

Ugh, if I ever hear that idiot talking about how he's underpaid and b****ing about money problems, I'm going to seriously blow a gasket.

17. Dubious

Dubious Member

Uh, hmmm, uh I think we oughta play Steve at the 2!

The only question I have about Charlie is why hasn't he been picked up by a big sports station in a big sports town? I do think he sounds bored since he is a baseball guy living in a baseball desert.

I do know he likes living in Houston. Maybe it's the fact that he doesn't do 'zany' .

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

He has said on the radio that he has declined offers to go elsewhere. Perhaps there are only a few jobs he would leave for and they haven't been offered to him?

19. v3.0

v3.0 Member

I get the feeling Charlie likes being one of the big fishes in the small pond of radio personalities that htown has. If he ever moved back to his hometown NY area, he'd be just another fish amongst a bigger pond. Plus he's commented on the cheaper cost of living and the weather being other deciding factors as to why he's stayed in htown for so long.

20. King1

King1 Member

Dan Patrick makes 5 million a year