1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LANCE ZIERLEIN JOINING CHARLIE PALLILO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Kam

Kam Member

If you don't know what Houston Media Watch is, it started by Craig after he got butt hurt about being fired from 610 for having a show that totally sucked. Your show sucked man. And their website looks like some bull**** you made on angelfire or geocities or tripod or aol hometown.

Just hurry up and get rid of Dylan.

Charlie knows how to work with a partner. He carried Rich Lord for so long. They already have a football intensive show in In the Trenches.

Fantasy mock schedule time.

6A-10A MaDam
    10A-12P In the Trenches
    12P-3P Matt Thomas
    2P-6P LanceZ
    3p-7P Charlie
    7-8 if you have to, Dylan
    if you don't have to
    7-9 Monday and Tuesday Glenn Davis.

2. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I guess 790 took my afternoon drive. I guess 1560 still has me for Friday facts.

3. Grape_Swisha281

or just get rid of Dlyan Gwinn

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't mind Charlie talking something other than all Texans all the time. There is only so much you can talk about the Texans third wr.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's usually a good listen when Lance overlaps with Kalu/Koch for their first segment.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I just want to know how many vacation days Charlie gets per year. Seems like he's off all the damn time. He's still my favorite, though. Although, I have to admit, listening to Matt Thomas try to battle the noon-hour aliens with low IQ's is downright hilarious sometimes.

"Hi, this is Arthur from Mars, and I think Charles Barkley was a better center than John Stockton... now listen here... yo.... hello?"

*Lou Rawls begins playing*

Seriously interested in seeing how Zierlein fits in with Charlie if this is true.

1 person likes this.
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Definitely, but I don't know if he could fit with them long-term, full-time.

8. Kam

Kam Member

There is this guy name Arthur in Spring. That guy is really delusional. Who's dad is it?

You guys remember Collie? What ever happen to Collie? Everything was race related.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

I feel sorry for anyone who calls a talk radio show, but I REALLY feel sorry for anyone who calls so often that people actually remember who they are...

Anyway, I was kind of hoping Rich would join Charlie when his contract with 610 was up. They made a great team back in the day and Ennis is really bringing Rich down.

Rich's biggest flaw is that he's only as good as his co-host. Putting him back with Charlie would make him listenable again.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Some people seemed to make a career out of it... eg Howard from Memorial. The guy calls every sports talk show. Every day.

11. Another Brother

Adam Clanton and comedian John Wessling are going to do drive time on 1560. That should be a really fun show.

12. Granville

Granville Member

I'm going to switch to 790 in the afternoons to listen to Charlie and Lance. They should really make a good team. Neither one of them is a douchebag and both have solid opinions.

13. Granville

Granville Member

Wasn't Collie the guy who always started with.. "John and Lance, John and Lance,JOhn and Lance" caller back when Zierlein and Granato were together on 610?

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Thanks for the lololololol.

15. Serg300

Serg300 Member

Travis Rogers just moved to 11-3pm, he's probably going to still have the Friday Facts but I'm going to miss in on my drive home.
    :mad: I looked forward to that.
    http://www.yahoosportsradio1560.com/lineup/

16. Rockets34Legend

Going to be an interesting combo....

17. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Do we have any other confirmation that this move is indeed going to happen? I'm not necessarily doubting Craig's original tweet about it, but I figured we might have heard something else about it by today.

18. kidcave9

kidcave9 Member

Is that permanent, from when to when?

19. codell

codell Member

Mike in Dairy Ashford?

That dude calls every show on every station, every day.

20. jdh008

jdh008 Member

That's the guy that stands out for me. He actually parlayed his sports talk show caller "fame" into a gig as a contributor on Houston Media Watch.

I also never really understood why he was referred to as Mike IN Dairy Ashford. Granted, I haven't lived in Houston proper in six or seven years, but last I checked, Dairy Ashford is a street, not a suburb or a part of town. Am I wrong? If anything, he should have been Mike ON Dairy Ashford.