1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lance McCullers coming back this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by mikol13, Aug 15, 2016.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i'll take anything we can get. Sounds like the same thing Strasburg did recently except Stras is due back fairly soon supposedly

2. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Anyone catch Lance McCullers interview this morning on 610? Talking about topic of veteran leadership. Its refreshing sometimes to hear a player in any sport's actual opinion on a topic, as opposed to team controlled media coach speak (aka some players on Texans).

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

McCullers obviously didn't go to the Crash Davis School of Interviews. .."Y'know, I'm just happy to be here and hope I can help the ballclub. I just want to give it my best shot and good Lord willing, things'll work out... gotta play 'em one day at a time, Y'know... "

#63 Joe Joe, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What did he say?

5. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

6. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Pretty much saying he disagrees with all these analysts stating veteran leadership is the sole reason why Astros has been in a slump. Astros have a great supportive locker room, unique in its own right.

Also mentioned how he wanted to punch some analyst in the face over analysis of Gomez first home run with the Rangers... tv analyst was saying how Gomez is having success with the Rangers because of veteran leadership and rangers organization is holding Gomez to a higher standard...

7. ron413

Harold Reynolds

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He seriously made that comment after one at bat? I wonder how he feels after the next 20.

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I thought it was from this ridiculous but expected Southern Oklahoma article.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/lets-ret...he-august-29th-baseball-texas-daily/310709915

10. ron413

skip to 8 minute mark of McCullers interview link

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Mark Appel has been the staff ace for the Astros for a few years now.

I read something similar from DFW newspaper. Gomez seemed to get along great with most of the team. Everybody was saying the right things, but the team could no longer afford to wait for a turnaround. If Texas goes on a losing streak, you can bet Gomez will suffer the same fate there.

12. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

For those that dont know, Reynolds had Appel making to the majors... in July of the year he was drafted. If find him amusing, but he just is flat out dumb when it comes to any judging of talent. I like his "back in the day" stories, but Reynolds swings and misses on throws in the dark when it comes to actual analysis.