1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lance Armstrong = biggest turd from texas ever. 1 rung above hitler and sandusky

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IBTL, Jan 5, 2013.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I wanted to think it was just the french being jealous. I wanted to believe it was just a great story. I have held out until now.

Truth is coning out and he is about to admit to being a full on cheater.

He is worth 100 million of stolen money? How is that any better than madoff?

He is a crap stain on cancer survivors and real people that dont cheat. My mother died of cancer real folks like her don't need this turd of a human to be associated with them. True disgrace.

Armstrong reminds me of this guy that I worked with on our sales team of 200 people. He was stealing and made a years salary in two months from cheating,stealing got 'employee of the month' etc. Sick.

No respect for cheaters and armstrong is one rung above hitler and sandusky somewhere in the madoff area. I still rank armstrong well below tow truck drivers, bailbondsmen since its a job and *somewhat* honest living.

Screw armstrong he is a disgrace to being from texas. He should be shunned forever.. his house,the dinner he eats tonight is stolen money. He is a turd on cancer patients and common respect of decency. F you lance:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/if-lan...to-those-tour-de-france-titles-051119475.html

If Lance Armstrong is coming clean, he owes hundreds of apologies to those he bullied

So now, according to the New York Times, Lance Armstrong is considering coming clean and admitting the entire thing was a lie; that he did indeed use performance-enhancing drugs and blood transfusions to win all those Tour de France titles.
    And this would be news to … um, anyone?
    Certainly not the anti-doping officials and cycling administrators who the Times reports Armstrong has been working with to set up a potential deal that might allow him to return to competitive athletics, mostly ironman triathlons.
    Lance Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles last year.
    Armstrong's lawyer would only cryptically tell the Times, "I do not know about [coming clean]. I suppose anything is possible, for sure."
    Here's guessing this is less about the thrill of competition and more about Armstrong realizing that fewer and fewer people are paying attention to him, let alone believing his fable. Here's guessing he has come to the stark realization that there isn't any other way out of that sink hole. It's better to be a humble hypocrite than a nearly forgotten joke.
    It's been painfully obvious that Lance Armstrong cheated for years and years now. There have been mountains of evidence, countless media investigations, a parade of former friends and teammates turned accusers and finally a USADA-produced 1,000 page report that is astounding in its detail.
    And there's been, perhaps most damning of all, the fact that just about every other cyclist of note during Armstrong's generation was busted for doping. So to believe the Armstrong fairy tale is to believe that in a sport full of healthy cheats, it was the clean cancer survivor that was somehow the best.
    It never made any sense.
    There were plenty of people out there, myself included, who simply didn't care. Cycling is a dirty sport. He still had to beat the others. It wasn't clean, but it may have been a relatively even playing field. Besides, what he did off the bike was more important. He inspired so many people across the cancer wards of the world. He raised spirits. He raised money. He raised awareness.

Of all the atrocities to get angry about, a guy who was less than honest so he could ride his bike real fast around France ranks pretty low.
    The thing is, climbing up from the depths of chemotherapy to the point you could get back in a peloton racing up the Alps is a heck of a story. But Armstrong could never leave it at that, and that's why this has to be more than just an admission, it needs to be an apology. Hundreds of them, actually.
    They say it's never too late for the truth, but this case may test that theory.
    Throughout Armstrong's career, he hasn't just denied he doped, he's tried to destroy anyone who suggested otherwise. He and his henchmen have bullied, intimidated and threatened. They attacked reputations and fought dirty in ways that belied what he was supposed to be about. Everyone was just a jealous liar. Careers were ruined.

There was ugliness like the time Betsy Andreu, wife of longtime Armstrong teammate Frankie Andreu, got a voicemail declaring, "I hope somebody breaks a baseball bat over your head." That was after she'd already been dragged through the mud and declared a vindictive nut.
    "A playground bully,'' one of Armstrong's old teammates, Jonathan Vaughters, once described him.
    So now it's all forgiven? Now he just wants to say, OK, I did it?
    Maybe this is a redemption story if he acted differently in the past. Maybe it would be easier to understand that this was a lie that got so big, with so many people counting on it to be true, that he couldn't get out from under it. Maybe this would be easy.

Lance Armstrong didn't hold back in going after his accusers.
    But after all the damage was done, after all the times his lawyers napalmed someone's reputation, after all the times Armstrong took the people closest to him, ones who understood the truth and tried to bury them, this can't be just admitting to something that any thinking person long ago was fairly certain he did.
    Only his sizeable ego could think that's enough.
    No, if this is a new day for Lance, then it needs to be about someone other than just Lance.
    This needs to be about making amends, publicly and painfully, one by one, name by name, to all the people he and his machine tried to run over, all the people whose crime was merely wanting to acknowledge the truth long before the schoolyard bully ran so short of friends he too finally realized it was his only option.

2. SacTown

SacTown Member

I agree with the thread title. Cant believe so many of you defended this jerk.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I didn't know Hitler was from Texas.

4. TISNF

TISNF Member

In before the "but he raised a lot of money for cancer research."

5. the shark

the shark Member

Was he a cheater? Yes!
    For you to say what he did was worse than Hitler is flat out UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!
    Let's see you have a cheater and a liar compared to a someone who KILLED MILLIONS of people!!!!!!

This is THE most ridiculous statement I have EVER heard in my life!!!!!

Put the crack pipe down.

1 person likes this.
  6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I'm with you in thinking the OP might have taken it a little too far, but I think in saying that he ranks a rung above Hitler and Sandusky, I think he meant it this way:

Armstrong
    Sanduksky
    Hitler

He's putting them in the same sentence, which is crazy enough, but I don't think he's saying he's worse than Hitler.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

^Seriously. He was a cheater and liar in a sport full of them. He's on the same level as other cheaters. Last I checked though he didn't kill or sexual abuse anyone.

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lol but he did do good in a sense... still stealing doe

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OP went over the top. Let's get past that and discuss the subject.

This hasn't changed my opinion of Lance Armstrong at all. I've always thought he was a pathological liar. He's considering this because it's in his own personal interest to do so.

I don't like the French any more than anyone else, but those of you who believed this pathetic jerkhead up to now (including the OP) need your head examined.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How is what he did any worse than all the body builders, tracker and fielders, or baseball sluggers that used steroids?

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

You mad bro? Get over it

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

His self-righteous, vitriolic denials went to another level. No comparison at all.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

325 million for cancer research, what a monster. What does he owe people they gave money to a legitimately great cause, how does lance armstrong being a cheater change any of that.

No worse than thousand of other cheaters we've seen. Not saying he's a good person or not, but the cause was legit whether he is selfish or not.

You guys that actually believed he was clean, really? Boy have i got a deal for you because you'll buy anything regarless of evidence.

14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

He is a cheater in "SPORTS". How can you put that in the same context as Hitler who killed millions of people, SMH.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Everyone cheated. So he won fair and square.

16. jae713

jae713 Member

Who...
    Gives...
    a ****...

Seriously, in a sport where apparently everyone cheats, he was the best at it. If you want to blame anyone, blame the cycling organization for not keeping their employees in check.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yep, a cheating cyclist worse than child molesting genocidal maniacs any day.

18. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

What I don't understand is the number of cycling enthusiasts who defended him wholeheartedly and believed he could do no wrong.

19. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I get that he's "stealing" money from other "clean" cyclists, but...

A. Show me a "clean" cyclist and I'll probably show you a liar and...

B. Those other cyclists made more than enough money of their own I'm sure. The fact that they were even good enough to compete at that level means that they were probably doing OK.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Jesus, lighten the hell up; or maybe just crack open an encyclopedia. This really is the moral and intellectual reasoning of an illiterate suburban child.