1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge retires from NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 15, 2021.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Even though he shidded and farded on us I'm glad he's coming back. His style of play is so much fun to watch

red5rocket and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

So his mindset is ring or die trying basically?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

what changed from last year. Is he just going to retire again?

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he just got bored with so much free time at his hands... and i suspect boredom was the very same reason he retired....

Salvy and arabrocket like this.
  7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Not sure if serious. He had a heart condition.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not sure you know how the health/ illness dynamics works

imho its similar to fatigue, all fatigue is mostly mental, you are tired you worked all day, youre ready to go to bed because thats the only thing your capable of, now suddenly you have a phone call and get an invitation from a beautiful lady to go out for a dinner....oh yeah, of course your energy is up and you are tired no more you go out and spend a beautiful night together...

btw it could be be anything but from intel i got he played his whole career with the condition...he quit because he could quit and took the money... now he wants more money he wants to play because thats all he knows and because he can!...i dont think hes faking an ilness its just that he felt differently about it last year being 'emotionally' exhausted due to long career or whatever

arabrocket likes this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He's now 36 with almost a season away from the game. On the Defensive end this guy is BBQ Chicken. This move sounds more like a Kevin Willis Scenario when he joined the Spurs. The offensive end... well let's see how fast he gets back up and down the court. With Kyrie, KD and Harden and D'Antoni/Nash they will be looking to push that tempo. Good luck to him. If he really feels like he's healthy enough to play God Speed. I don't think I'd risk it especially in these times.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He looked done years ago.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. JW86

JW86 Member

Yeah these moves by the Nets and Lakers are more funny than anything. As far as LMA goes, good for him, but doubt he will have much impact.

Still cannot understand McHale’s stubbornness to having Jones guard him 1-on-1, probably an old school thing where he thought it’s good to have Jones learn from it.

saleem likes this.
  12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It wasn’t mental. He had a heart murmur and he said it scared the **** out of him. I think they even had to take him to the hospital after or during a game. You think he retired early from a championship contender (first opp to win a ring) because he had enough money? Then came back because he wanted more money and was bored? Uh, not likely.

did Mobley want to come back because of money? Did bosh want to come back because of money? No. They sat out and didn’t have any heart issues during that span and want to risk it for a ring, not money.

Plowman likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

what's 2.6mil like after all the fees and tax?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Don’t know but I’m gonna get rich a ring or die tryin’!

tycoonchip and Jontro like this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Nets should've said No Thanks to LaMarcus Aldridge, if he is only there to sit on the bench to teach 20 year old Sekou Doumbaya that can help.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon it was so bad he had to retire?! and now suddenly hes so completely cured and he has to play immediately? lololol

i dont buy it..he didnt say i am ill and i will not play until i heal.... he said i am retiring (because i suffer from incurable disease) while I immediately predicted hell be back this season and its well documented in this thread or the original one if this isnt it... i win this debate, regardless if it was mental, a real exhaustion or he simply faked the condition to have money while not playing and now wants more money...lolololol

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

1) he never said it was incureable
    2) doctors confirmed he had heart problems so its definitely not fake

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

1 lol its inferred from him retiring..if they thought its curable he could just not play until he recovers, like recovering from any injury, but no he retired....(why?) now hes miraculously cured and he wants to play as i predicted...its consistent and only logical it was boredom only condition
    2 its laughable...doctors can be bought just like politicians...and medicine today is a joke...the mere walking around maskless is a serious life threatening condition according to the doctors...lolololol

Salvy likes this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Ooooooh domestic terrorist!! Hide yo kids, hide yo wives!!! Fauci would be so disappointed in you....

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahahahahah!!!

Salvy likes this.