1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge is the perfect fit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 26, 2013.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Marcus camby signing is a little suspicious considering we already have omer at back up. Wonder if we're getting ready to ship omer off hopefully it's for LMA but other possibilities could be such as Ryan Anderson

2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

LMA would be great, but KLove would be even better!!! :)

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Aldridge to Houston

Asik to Portland
    Evan Turner to Portland
    Houston 2nd round picks from Knicks to Portland

Lin to Philly
    Houston 1st round pick (I think this would have to be a 2015 pick if memory serves) to Philly

I think Portland might do this to instantly improve their bench. Asik would start, giving them Lopez to float between the 5 and 4 and TRob backing him up. With Batum, Lillard and Will Matthews in the backcourt. Evans or Matthews can come off the bench and be a spark. I think this improves their chances at the playoffs.

Obviously, Houston likes this, but they do give up their futures strength. That and two starters.

Philly gets a starter in Lin that can light up a box score when given the reins. They lose Evan, but they have a SF already in Thaddeus Young. Their bench is still lacking after this trade, but Lin really is a piece you can build on. Get a second guard like him that can fly around the court and you have a team predicated on a killer, speed.

Anyway, I think this is possible. At least it worked on one of those trade machines. Besides, Morey knows that one GM guy in Philly from something in the past and I believe we worked with Portland recently? .....Grrrrr... wish we could have kept TRob. He's going to disappoint us soon.

1 person likes this.
  4. meh

meh Contributing Member

So if Wade and Bosh didn't really help, then why didn't Lebron win a bunch of championships in Cleveland? Instead of getting his ass kicked every year by a team with a big 3 like Boston, SA, or even a big 1 like Orlando?

Big Z, Sideshow Bob, Mo Williams, etc. weren't exactly bad players. And Cleveland did rank in top-5 defense for Lebron's prime. So why did they suck so bad in the playoffs, whereas Miami has only lost 1, count them only 1 playoff series in 3 seasons.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

It doesn't have to mean anything. Not having Camby wouldn't have precluded the Rockets from trading Asik. Having Camby doesn't mean they will trade Asik. Camby is just a $1.4mil insurance in case something happens(injuries, trades, etc.)

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

LaMarcus Cambridge is not very likely as Camby is a one year deal.

7. liveguy

liveguy Member

HELL. NO.

8. dragician

dragician Member

at this point, i think having Scola as PF is good enough.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Scola
    Howard

We offer Asik for Scola.

Beverly
    Brooks/Canaan
    Francisco/Caspi
    DMo/Jones
    Camby/Smith

Wow.

9. theprof

theprof Member

I like that. Scola would fit the role perfect, hit the jumper and pick up the trash. Probably could be had for less than Asik though. But I like his game with this lineup.

1 person likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Uh, guys... Scola just got traded, and not to the Rockets.

11. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

really, scola for asik? i understand you want for scola but asik is worth a lot more than that

12. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

For LBJ, yes.
    For LMA, no.

13. dragician

dragician Member

i know, it's jsut for starter idea. they can throw in granger ;)

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

As its been repeated many, many times here, an NBA team cannot re-acquire (even via trade) a player they amnesty while they are still on the contract they were on when amnestied.

The Rockets could not re-acquire Luis Scola until free agency in the Summer of 2015 at the earliest.

Plus Scola was just traded to the Indiana Pacers which they gave up a 1st round pick to get him.... you really think they want to just turn around and flip him to the Rockets anyways???

15. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I agree Wade and Bosh helped, but LBJ is SO much better today than in Cleveland , its not even close

16. Raven

Raven Member

No, but if Portland offered LMA & Meyers Leonard for Asik & Parsons, I'd want to think about it. Parsons is already good, and there's no evidence that he's hit his ceiling, but LMA is exactly what we need, and good fours are harder to acquire than good threes.

17. dragician

dragician Member

oops.. thanks for that.

18. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

Such a boring, yet effective player.