1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge is the perfect fit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 26, 2013.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Lamarcus Aldridge has been rumored in trades and I believe he has a player option next year.

For sometime now Lamarcus Alridge has been rumored in trades.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/4502/dwight-howard-houston-rockets-lamarcus-aldridge/

http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/7/1...marcus-aldridge-would-be-rockets-next-logical

http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/7/3...rsue-trade-for-blazers-f-lamarcus-aldridge-if

LaMarcus Alridge is the best fit for the Rockets and here is why:

-He fills the struggling hole at PF

-Dwight does better with a PF that spreads the floor

-He's a mix between KG and Chris Bosh

-He's got a tall lanky frame, so it makes it hard for defenders to contest his
    shots

-Not known for his huge defensive qualties but being tall makes a big body and is still able to block shots defiantly an above average defender at the PF category.

-He still rebounds well

-Since he can spread the floor he does not have to disrupt Howards game.

-Not known for his 3 pt shot but he can hit it from time to time and maybe develop it more.

He can spread the floor nicely for Dwight Howard. Another candidate would be Kevin love because he can hit the three but you end up doing better with Lmarcus Aldridge with his more efficient offensive game. It's a great fit he still clogs the lane on defense he can spread the floor for dwight but he can also drive in a few times and rebound for Howards misses and vis versa. He's got a dependable rarely missable mid range shot. At the PF position he's got to be the best post player. He can hit turn around jumpers and hooks easily.

His Stats
    PPG: 21.1
    RPG: 9.1
    BLPG: 1.2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oAjtZOafwHQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-gfAG9y16l8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The options we have is to pick up LMA is trade or free agency next year which I think he might have a player option or something.

Here is the trade possibilities.

Trade #1

Rockets Get: LMA

TrailBlazers Get: Omer Asik, DMO, Terrance Jones + Draft Picks and money considerations.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lx7j24r

Trade #2

Rockets Get: LMA

TrailBlazers Get: Omer Asik, Jermey Lin + Draft Picks

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pqt6myj

On both trades we get similar money exchange, So I think it will still be possible to give Chandler Parsons the money he deserves specially on the second trade we gain 2 million.

I would prefer the first trade and we keep J-Lin. Omer Asik should be trade bait. He's a talented C who won't get much play time. He would be a great backup but he comes out better if he's used to get better talent at the PF spot, if we get an All-Star like LMA our team improves and both Howard and LMA can be on the floor together unlike Asik and Howard. The second trade shoves J-Lin and Asik out of town. I think if we had to we should do it. Beverly can take over just fine it would be a bummer but we could manage.

2. mockster

mockster Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uXZYnFftPrw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

There is a LMA thread

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

unique thread

1 person likes this.
  5. Granville

Granville Member

Wait a second....the Rockets are interested in some guy named Lamarcus Aldridge. I better turn off the 8 track player in my 73 Gran Torino and find out what that youngster, Barry Warner, has to say about it on the radio.

6. mockster

mockster Member

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Captain Obvious? Is that you??

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is good to know. I hadn't heard much about this possibility. Good job.

9. dragician

dragician Member

Yes please.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

My 73' Gran Torino didnt have an 8 track player. I am jealous :cool:

LMA, a good fit? Who would of thought.

11. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Hadn't even considered LMA. Great thread; would read again.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Wha... c'mon guys, yer letting me down...

After reading the title of the thread, I only opened it to see all the 'captain obvious' and 'duh' gifs....

disappointing

...lol

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Aldridge is good. He will bring athleticism, length and a hip-hop attitude to the team.

14. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

L.A. is a game changer..Dominates his position..

15. dudeyosupbro

dudeyosupbro New Member

You know who else is a perfect fit? Omer Asik. You know who would be valuable assets coming off the bench or otherwise? Jeremy Lin, Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas. Hmm. Imagine that.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

been discussed over and over already

17. ashiin

ashiin Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tlBh82TFn0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

would you be willing to lose parsons if it meant getting aldridge?

19. Jah

Jah Member

.....Yes. Absolutely.

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I was playing my association in 2K13 and i could get Lamarcus Aldridge but the problem was they wanted parsons. i tried other trades besides parsons but Portland kept making a counter offer and they still wanted Parsons. So it looks like its gonna be LMA or Parsons