1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lamar odom is woeful

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by melo061, Dec 2, 2007.

1. melo061

melo061 Member

Anyone watching this circus that is lamar? He does nothing well

He plays zero defense, burnt to a crip
    Rebounding is terrible this season
    Can't hit open midrange jumpers
    6-10 an floats on the perimeter

This guy is a 13-7 player who has no impact and is getting paid 14 million dollars.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah he is killing my fantasy squad:)

3. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

Lets trade Battier for Odom straight up...
    Intangibles are luxuries that only great teams like San Antonio Spurs can afford...
    Lamar Odom has the complete package (handles, shooting, passing, post-up moves, u name it)... he only needs some fire to get him going and some right situation to get his head straight

4. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Lol now what has he done. First dribbling the ball out from out of bounds, then passing the ball to the ref.

5. Asian Sensation

Incoming player: Lamar Odom

Outgoing players: Battier, Alston, Head

Perfect chance to buy low and sell high on Odom. A healthy Odom is everything and all we need. And it gives us a chance to get rid of some our "quality" garbage so there isn't such a glut at the 1 & 2.

6. melo061

melo061 Member

I'd deal him for Ron Artest. Battier's a role player and while Odom stinks his trade value is higher than that. Maybe if you throw in Scola.

7. Dei

Dei Member

I can only remember Odom playing well when Kobe was injured. For that matter, the whole Laker team plays better when Kobe's injured. Battier for Odom would be perfect; but Bonzi, Head, Snyder, and possibly even Landry for Odom would be better.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Give them Bonzi and Steve for Odom.

9. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

No! We can't trade for this guy. If you think our 4th Quarter play is bad now, wait until Odom joins our team.

He is just one of those guys that always finds a way to screw up in the most important of times.... then again, I guess he would fit with the Rockets!

I watch a lot of Laker games with my dad, family, and friends and I have made lots of money by betting them that Odom will find a way to screw up in the 4th.

He rebounds, passings, and handles very well, but he is CURSED!

10. melo061

melo061 Member

If the whole Laker team plays better without Kobe then how does this team have a losing record without Kobe in the last two seasons? That's ridiculous. That's like saying the Cavs were better without Bron last season seeing as how they were 4-0 without Him.

The laker's played terrible teams and so looked better.

Odom is a Joke. He'll look good for a few games but he'll drop off after a while.Check out his days with the Miami heat. He was a first option there and yet his numbers were nearly identical to what it was in LA

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

odom is one of the most disappointing players in nba history.

12. Mr. Clutch

Maybe he is just tired of playing with ballhog Kobe.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what's his excuse for his other years

edit: I take this back, his decline has begun with the lakers, but I wouldn't blame it on kobe.

#13 pgabriel, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  14. Mr. Clutch

Is he really that bad? Last year he scored 16 ppg, 9.8 rebs, 4.8 assissts, and shot 46.8% from the field.

Maybe he's like Juwan. Gets paid way too much but he doesnt suck.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wouldn't say like juwan, juwan was limited. I always thought juwan got unfairly criticized because of his contract.

lamar does put up really good numbers, but you just expect so much more from a 6-10 guys with that athleticism who can handle the ball. but maybe you're right, expectations maybe to high.

16. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

Talking about cursed. In 15 games in his post season career, Battier only managed to win 3 of them. Now is it entirely his fault? No, but we must blame him for not stepping up on the offensive end in 3 series.
    If you think Lamar Odom cant perform in crunch time (which is not even true), look at Battier first.
    AND there are no curses in sports. Curses are excuses for not winning

17. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6y0MXOjmWdo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6y0MXOjmWdo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Thats pretty much what John Hollinger says
    http://www.majorwager.com/forums/me...rent-living-up-their-hype-john-hollinger.html

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I wouldn't care if he made Artest/Maggette money but $13-15 million a year for a very limited complimentary superstar that disappears at some point nearly every game is just bad.

I do, however, think he could thrive as a third option somewhere. But no, playing #2 to Kobe is just a recipe for disaster.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro