1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lamar Jackson?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by awc713, Jan 12, 2023.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

yeah pass

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Look at the numbers. Take your blinders off my guy the numbers are right there for you.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Literally 16/17/18 in Passer rating.
    Lamar has the lowest completion percentage and per game passing and lower totals. Yes he played less games but still had lower per game.
    Stop being an idiot and blinded by some kind of bias.
    Lamar is not a top 10 qb and wasn’t this year

4. STR8Thugg

Is this right?

So teams that don’t own 2 firsts of their own but have other firsts can’t do it? That can’t be right, right?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. STR8Thugg

So you bring up rushing yards when we talk about Drake Maye, but when discussing Lamar Jackson you just completely neglect that. I see what we’re doin here.

houstonstime and RocketsDraftTV like this.
  6. STR8Thugg

I didn’t say he was a top 10 passing QB. Your comments are a line of straw man ****ing arguments. I called you out for saying he was the same as Brady and Rodgers. Which he wasn’t by anything except strict passing numbers.

You talk about film but you clearly don’t watch it.

RocketsDraftTV likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The conversation was about passing and Quarterback play.
    If he was a top 5 QB, he’s not. Drake Maye is a miles better passer than Lamar will ever be.

And he had 3 TDs this year on 700 yds. Even if you add those to his totals he’s not above Brady or Rodgers. Look at the damn numbers before you make a fool of yourself.

8. STR8Thugg

Aaron Rodgers was near the bottom of the league in QBR. Brady was significantly lower. I realize QBR is a bit subjective and not perfect, but if you look at the overall rankings and compare to the top QBs, it usually pans out okay. You’re the dinosaur touting batting average over WAR or OPS.

I only brought up Maye bc you clearly only factor in skills when they benefit your argument. I’m not comparing their passing ability. Again, another ****ing straw man. Since you are jaded against Lamar, his other abilities don’t matter.

And just so I am clear, before you start another straw man argument. I have no interest in giving up 2 firsts for LJ. Pass.

I’m just done arguing with the old mastodon scout in Moneyball.

[​IMG]

houstonstime likes this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ahh yes, the QBR argument. Maye had better or equal passing numbers than Stroud and Bryce, the rushing was an added bonus that the other two didn’t have.
    Lamar isn’t close to their numbers passing, and literally no one would choose Lamar over Brady or Rodgers.
    The only bias here is yours. But whatever man, your poor takes aren’t worth my time.
    Take Lamar and his pitiful playoff performances with you

10. STR8Thugg

Here you go acting like I’m comparing Drake Maye to LJ.

Let’s see if you can comprehend the following sentence: LJ had similar passing numbers to Brady and Rodgers. The rushing yards, which were 600+ more than Rodgers and 700+ more than Brady, are the added bonus that the other 2 didn’t have. I hope you can understand that, bc you know, it’s literally your words when talking about Drake Maye. Remember, this comparison is about Rodgers, Brady, and LJ. And remember, we are talking about this year.

Now you can go back to talking about how Drake Maye projects as a better passer than LJ (which I agree with btw, and I would argue Maye is already a better passer of the football) while I put you on the ignore list.

houstonstime and PDJACK7 like this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What?! You brought up Maye, don’t move goalposts when they’re convenient for you.

And no, the numbers for the three were not the same. Metrics were similar but not counting stats, even if you add in Lamar’s rushing numbers.

Mayes number’s cumulatively were far better than his peers.
    Lamar’s cumulatively were still lower

12. STR8Thugg

Yes I did, to compare how YOU move the goalposts when evaluating players. Not to compare Maye’s ability with Lamar. Something I have explained in the last 4 posts and somehow am still having to spell out.

houstonstime likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I haven’t moved any goalposts.
    Take away Lamar’s rushing and he’s a bottom of the league passer. Take away Drakes rushing and he’s still a top tier passer.

The fact you can’t understand that is the problem. There’s a reason Lamar has no postseason success, he’s not good enough when his rushing is game planned for.

He has immense talent, but unless he improves his processing and reads (better OC would help) he’s going to decline rapidly.

15. STR8Thugg

I feel like you are pretty much only discussing passing yards. So yes, you are correct, Lamar does not throw for nearly as many passing yards as many other QBs. We can agree on that.

If only passing yards won games.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Passing is what wins games.

17. STR8Thugg

Yes, but not passing yards specifically.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Colts with Steichen makes sense

20. Qan

Qan Member

Texans should just officially withdraw from Lamar "sweepstake"

cmoak1982 likes this.