1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lam Doan: 11 year old basketball phenom-- Check it out!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Vivid, Aug 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Vivid

Vivid Member

An answer to the 11 year old "prodigy"...

I present to you my kid brother, Lam.

This was filmed last year when he was 10 years old playing in the 6th grade league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFh0xcIN9QQ

Scouting Report:
    He's left handed but plays with both hands, has high school 3-point range, high basketball IQ, and he's Asian but doesn't have to answer to the Chinese national team.

2. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

Make him drink a gallon of milk everyday. I hope he'll make it into the NBA, he will make our community proud.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't know about basketball phenom but hes good for his age. Looks like more of a scorer than passer but as he gets older, he'll need to develop some PG skills if he really wants to make it big.

Also, whats up with playing pressure defense on these kids? lol, isn't that a little much? You guys wouldn't even allow them to throw the ball in bounds.

4. dafranchise0309

Send him to Europe asap

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I could ball when I was 11 too.

I'll try and dig out the highlights tape.

Only problem is, it will take a while to upload as it's recorded as an 8mm.
    :D

6. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

no bash intended but after i posted the thread about jashawn agosto, it seems like your just trying to show-off/hype-up your little cousin or something

i admit he's good for his age but nothing special except his 3pt range

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Don't hate man, he's just a kid.

Could be the next Sun Yue.

I'm all for random uploads of kids playing basketball. The offseason is painfully long.

8. JustWannaChill

Oh, I am still waiting for a douche like 3814 to poke a lame joke that this kid is 16, not 11.

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Good crossover moves.

10. Vivid

Vivid Member

The same way it seems like you are showing off the other 11 year old. I said it was an answer to the other guy, mostly in jest. The other kid is getting national attention. However, that does not dismiss the point that for all intensive purposes I am doing what you are doing, except you don't know the person of whom you promote. I do. As far as how impressive they are... this is all in game footage of a few games for which my father was able to film. As I am in MI attending law school, these videos are a way for me to keep tabs on my little buddy. I am sharing that with this forum. His moves matched anything that was shown "in game" by the other kid sans only the dribbling exhibition that was put on. Whether you can tell if my brother can do that or not is a testament to the kind of video this was, not an issue of ability. He has great passing ability, but much like watching a tmac video, you rarely get to see it in a "highlight" vid.

With countless threads about who the Rockets should get (ie similar threads), do not make an issue of but one similar thread in this forum. Futhermore, don't be so brash and naive as to say "he is nothing special" prefaced by "no offense." The guy has high school coaches watching his game, that is special. That makes me proud, and I have been wanting to share that with this Rockets fan community. He was playing and dominating a league of older kids, the term good for his age is hardly adequate. It is great to be promoting young kids...and even more it is good to promote young Rocket fans with talent. This is after all a "clutchfans" forum, there is a certain brotherhood we share and a unspoken bond that compels us to wish the best for each other and our families.
    -V

11. x3ldonx

x3ldonx Member

Man that kid has a pretty good crossover, is he ambidextrous? He's got a nice left to right crossover... He's got a lot of potential, is he average height for his age? That would probably be his only problem going in the post. Anyway kid is good, first time I actually consider taking a look at an 11 yr. old play ball and I will admit it was decent.

12. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

What's your problem man?

13. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I was more impressed with that behind the back dribble he did. He definitely looked like the go to guy on his team with his teammates giving up the rock to him up top.

As long as he keeps improving, he should be a good baller.

14. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Awww Vietnamese. Not going to be tall enough.

JK.

15. danny317

danny317 Member

i noticed in one layup, he was going to the right but stopped and made the layup w/ his left. he needs to develop his right hand. if he could shoot with both hands hed be incredible.

he has good anticipation. runs to the open spot on the floor. high motor and hussles.

needs some work on passing.

he was really playing well and wasnt intimidated by kids who looked older and were much bigger.

16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

How tall are you Vivid? The kid looks talented but small.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Sad but true.

18. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

which is ok, his ball handleling are as good as a freshman basketball player in highschool

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Phenom? That's a bit much.

Some of his highlights included:

-being quicker than kids that are fatter than him
    -fouling a kid while he's shooting (i'm assuming the guy that put this together thought it was a clean block)

He's good FOR HIS AGE but it's nothing to write home about.

20. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

I feel bad for the kids at the end. They couldn't even inbound the ball. They obviously were overmatched.