1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers to acquire Chris Paul

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what

what Member

How in the world that get cp3 for 2 old guys I'll never know. I will not say that Pau is washed up, because he isn't but damn I can't believe this deal.

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

"Hey Derek, thanks for your hard work during the lockout. Please find a seat on the end of the bench."

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Honestly, I like the deal for us. Gasol is a very nice player to build around.

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Am I the only one who actually thinks that this isn't that great for the Lakers?

Paul's knees are a legit concern, and I give it a 50-50 chance that he'll end up like Roy in two years. They completely destroyed their awesome frontcourt in the process as well. Who are they going to use at PF now, anyways?

The Lakers have two players with very shaky knees. They could be great, but I actually don't think this is all that bad.

I'll honestly admit I like it for the Rockets, as well, as it massively helps our problems with roster overload.

5. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

They still have Bynum, which means they still have a possibility to offer Howard for him.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Unless they get Howard, this team is NOT the clear favorites like everyone thinks.

Paul hasn't proven he can play a full year a high level for 2 years now. Kobe is on his last legs.

And now they have sacrificed their best big man lineup for a PG, which was the Lakers' biggest advantage over the rest of the league.

I actually dont' mind this move at all, well unless the Lakers also flip Bynum for Howard.

7. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Hard work....funny

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

9. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I won't believe that for a minute. The Magic will never accept just Bynum for Howard, and Howard's not going to the Lakers for the MLE. With Paul, Kobe, and Bynum, the Lakers don't have the cap space to be the threat that the Knicks were with Melo.

I'll guarantee this right now. Dwight Howard will not be a Laker.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Not a big fan of the deal for either side, unless they get Howard for Bynum and change.

Hornets get 2 aging high-priced vets for Chris Paul.

Lakers get extremely thin in the front court featuring the oft-injured Bynum.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I still have OKC as the favorite in the West as it currently stands.

WB/KD > Paul/Kobe. And the Thunder have better defense/bench and now size.

12. what

what Member

Chris Paul is obviously the star, but the Lakers aren't built right right now. Kobe isn't the two way player he used to be. If anything Paul will be the future star to build around. Now if the lakers get Howard, I'm going to scream.

I really can't believe that NO really wanted all of these veteran players when they could have gotten two great young players for him. It is ridiculous. David Sterns thumbprint is all over this deal.

Maybe this deal was a part of the concession of revenue sharing. Cause I just can't see how this deal helps NO. I can't see it.

13. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Rockets got rid of their 2 worst defenders! Back into the D mode of a team.

14. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Los Angeles acquires Chris Paul, Albert Pujols and CJ Wilson on the same day. Not bad...

15. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

NOT DRAGIC
    NOOOOOO!

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, Pau is a monster interior defensive presence.

Wonder if we're trading Martin just because of the new officiating rules. :grin:

17. SPF35

SPF35 Member

what happened to all the people who said Pau is the NBA's best big man and so on and how they said he discredit's kobe as the best player on his team, etc. Now we are probably getting the guy you referred to as the NBA's best big man and the reason lakers won a title and you are complaining and saying lakers got a steal?

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Hornets would not have accepted the two old guys for CP3. Morey made this deal possible for the Lakers.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

LOL awesome post. And so true. It doesn't fit their agenda anymore so now Gasol just sucks again like he did before he went to the lakers.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

But the Lakers will be better. CP3 will make sure Bynum stays very happy and becomes a 20/10 guy easily. While I don't like him, I've been very high on what Bynum would become since his 2nd season.

We'll see about the playoffs. All of OKC's main players should be better and if WB makes a 3rd consecutive year-over-year quantum leap, maybe OKC should be favored.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.