1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers switching to the Princeton Offense-fixing to hire Eddie Jordan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jopatmc, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nash isn't a high volume shooter because his mindset is playmaking. But he can flat out shoot. I don't care if he's got the fountain of youth. He's getting older and his quickness is going to decline faster and faster. If he is smart, which I think he is, he know he will have to adjust his game, and that is become more of a shooter than a drive and dish PG.

Look at Jason Kidd. He isn't driving anymore because he can no longer get past his man. And he has become a dependable 3pt shooter.

2. val_modus

val_modus Member

Princeton?! I ran that in high school, idk how that offense holds up in the NBA lol

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Rick Adelman says hi.
    Its really a system for teams without EFFICIENT isolation players aka everybody in High School and to a lesser extent college.
    Completely r****ded for the Lakers to run one.

4. Toast

Toast Member

I was just reading that article. Kobe doesn't sound like a guy looking to incorporate Dwight Howard into his offense, does he?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Isolation play is never efficient, especially in this day and age of legal zone defense.

IMO, the high post offense is not widely use in the NBA not because it requires UNSELFISH players in all positions. It is not an offense for players who like to dominate the ball. And NBA is full of players who like to dominate the ball.

6. csj

csj Member

This is a really sad perspective. Efficient isolation play covers for a poor offensive scheme, not the other way around. Basketball is a team game.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Kupchak's secret backup plan: Trade Bynum for Bargnani?

8. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

9. SeabrookMiglla

Lakers dont seem like a team that could run that kind of offence! They are a team with big iso players. If they do figure it out, at minimum it will take the regular season. We had adelman who knows how to coach that system inside and out, with a couple of players who knew it ( martin, more importantly miller) and it still took the team a season to figure it out.

That kind of offense seems to suit run and gun kind of teams more than big slower players, which is why the 2010 season we were dumping over a hundred points a game easily with no star. When run properly, that offensive system shows the true skill of a coach who knows how to find certain players chemistry between eachother. Remember adelman running a 13 man team when we had "no identity". It was insane watching him trying to figure out which players work together well, and he did. It took some time and we lost games, but by the end of the season i remember watching the rockets offence and saying to myself " wow, we really move the ball well" that 2010 season we led or almost led the league in team assists.

i think kobe, nash, and gasol can figure it out. But players like artest, bynum, JORDAN HILL are suspect. It takes SMARTS and team work to run that offense, it will be interesting see them try it out. there will be games when players arent in their spot, look lost, and will be frustrated. If they can figure it out though, it will be good.

But for a time it will be nasty, count on it. I think they will get it though.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The most efficient offenses in the NBA over the last 12 years used it.