1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers scout analyses ex-Rockets....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by getsmartnow, Jan 20, 2004.

1. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

from NBA.com NBDL site

Lakers scout Irving Thomas covers the NBDL. He also goes to college games in the midwest and southeast, as well as CBA games and high-school tournaments. With the 10-day contract period having begun, Thomas talked about his top NBDL prospects.

Jason Collier, C, Fayetteville
    Thomas: "Collier's got a big body, and he has a nice touch when he gets the ball inside. Plus, he has a nice basketball IQ. He can make plays when he catches the ball inside. He's not a shot-blocker, but he does provide a decent presence with his size and he's physical. Certainly has some fight in him."

Terence Morris, F, Columbus
    Thomas: "Morris is a very talented player. He does so many different things. He's multi-skilled and multi-talented. Plus, he has good size. But he lacks a little motivation; he doesn't have the fire and intensity that you need. Look at his results in the D-League; he's a productive player, but at this level he should dominate. Why he doesn't, I don't know. But as far as his size and talent, he's got the skills. If only he can raise his intensity."

2. jshabang

jshabang Member

This guy gets paid to write this......

They could have got these results right here from the good old BBS....years ago

3. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

TMo would have been a good fit at SF with this year's Rockets. He's tall, long and has range, ideal for getting the ball to Yao. Doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. Athletic, can rebound, and moves well without the ball. And he was a pretty good perimeter defender to boot.

I think in his tenure with the Rockets, it was his shooting that was questionable, but he really developed a consistent mid-range jumper last year, just never got playing time behind Posey and Rice.

If Boki doesn't pan out or gets traded, I'd be interested in bringing TMo back.

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I would rather have Terrance on the team than Boki... sorry to say for you bostjan fans out there but i didn't like T-Mo at first.. but he proved during his small and rare minutes that he could block and shoot the jumper with a nice touch and come up with some rebounds but.. i didnt think he had much ball handling and vision skills as a small forward but he sure is a nice backup swingman.

5. Toast

Toast Member

I thought he was a little slow for a SF?

And I certainly don't recall him hitting much from the outside.

6. shawn786

shawn786 Member

From what i remember he had a really nice touch from the mid-range he wouldnt miss that shot much

7. droxford

droxford Member

Thank you for posting info about two men who no longer play for the Rockets.

Somebody give me a "who cares!?!?"

-- droxford

8. haven

haven Member

Relativist:

Range? Of which TMo are we speaking? I certainly can't recall any range (and if he'd had any, he'd still be playing for Houston).

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

... If he had any range, he'd still be playing in the NBA period.

10. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd love Tmo back just because he can feed the post.

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

If Boki has had problems getting on the floor because he has struggled with HIS shooting, you can imagine just how much time Morris would get on the floor under JVG.

12. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Irving Thomas must be a Captain.

13. HoustonForever

All time I'd like to see:

C: Hakeem the Dream
    PF: Tim Duncan
    SF: Clyde the Glide
    SG: Air Jordan
    PG: The Magic Man

80-2 and people still complain. Ain't life grand?

14. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja

you get a real stuff right there:) :D :cool:

15. Sane

Sane Member

T-Mo, I believe, is more of a hardworker and his defense is definitely better than Boki. I think he could put up Boki's current offensive numbers as well.

T-Mo developed an almost automatic mid-range J in his final season. He was showing improvement, and I think he's a nicep layer to have off the bench.

However, ultimately, I'd rather have AG than T-Mo. AG's out right now but I suppose he'll be more valuable to us than T-Mo can be at the same price.