1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers pursuing trade for DeMarcus Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 22, 2015.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Which trade are you referring too? Stauskas?

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

And the 1st round pick and the right to switch picks in the next two drafts. Kings will be horrible without cousins. Like 1st pick in the draft horrible.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

Yes but Philly will also be horrible, and it's a pick swap.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

My question is this - if I'm Sacramento, why in the hell would I trade Cousins to the Lakers? I bet Hinkie would throw a package together centered around Embiid or Nerlens or Okafor and a boat load of picks real quick. Hilariously, he might would have to include Thompson or Landry to match salaries though. And he might have to give back Sacramento their pick and pick swaps.

And the Sixers aren't the only team that would be lined up to throw picks and prospects at Sacramento for Cousins. They just have the most picks and prospects. Off the top of my head, Minnesota, Orlando and probably Milwaukee could put together some pretty enticing packages.

Meanwhile, would the Rockets entertain the idea of a Cousins/Dwight swap? I know I would. Would Sacramento?

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I thought it was a 1st round pick and two pick swaps. Regardless, those pick swaps are huge even if the situation ends up being Sacramento picking 1 and the Sixers picking 3 or 4. Some drafts are only one star deep.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, with Stauskas and all the draft considerations.

The pick swaps and future pick could be very damaging to Sacramento. Philly may still be bad (certainly they will be this year), but the swaps guarantee that the Kings can't get the #1 pick either year. It's just a potential trade down if they win a lotto spot. For a team like Sacramento playing in a brutal conference, it was very, very risky... especially considering it doesn't look like they moved the needle much in how they used the cap room they got in the deal.

I believe also the 2018 pick they get is top 10 protected (same in 2019 if it transfers to then), then it becomes unprotected completely in 2020.

The trade could really hurt Sacramento. It was a potentially great move by Sam Hinkie.

I don't think they're dealing him, but if they do go that route, I'm guessing only if they were in love with D'Angelo Russell. As for Dwight being traded, I just can't see it. He put the Rockets on the map again and has been repping Houston ever since. Things may change over time, but I can't see it.

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It doesn't matter if they would entertain this, Fegan is the agent for the both of them. I doubt he allows this.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not that I am a proponent of the trade or even think it is feasable, but your statement makes no sense, whatsoever.

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

Dwight won't get traded unless it's like a TMac situation, where neither side is happy and we're drastically underperforming.

10. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I'm sure a lot of things don't make sense to you, whatsoever. Like how to spell feasible.

1 person likes this.
  11. Mprice

Mprice Member

Let's cool it guys, no need to turn up the heat it's already hot enough in Houston as is. We really do not need to argue about the Kings and their foolishness? :cool: