1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers need to pick a direction and tank

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Really pains me to see one of the NBA's most beloved teams with a super rich history pushing for an 8th seed instead of calling it off for a year and dealing with Gasol thinking he's something else.

The current top picks go to Milwaukee, Orlando, Philly, Sacramento, Utah - all horrible franchises who don't know what to do with talent.

What's worse is looking at the top 10 draft picks, I don't see a single team who could do wonders for a young star, just small town markets with horrible management.

I still remember when a 15 year old Kobe was drafted and groomed into a 5 time champion. Very few franchises have the resources to do it - Lakers need the young talent.

2. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Is that you Mitch Kupchak?

Honestly, I could care less about the Lakers. They have every single advantage in the world.

1. Second Largest Market in the Country
    2. Great Place to Live
    3. Celebrity Status is a norm and can lead to a relatively normal life there
    4. Party it up with big names

The lakers are always given the easy way out and I am glad that they are going through this not because I want the franchise to suffer, but because their fans can be brought down a peg or two. I hate it when clutchfans posters start losing the modesty we had all of our years. Lakers fans are the absolute worst. They rank up there with Yankee Fans and Patriot Fans.

1 person likes this.
  3. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Who cares about the Lakers, let them flounder and believe they can squeeze one last magical run out of Kobe. Hoepfully sets them back another 10 years. They have 15 NBA championships, time for a new era in NBA bastketball.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OP, are you a Rockets fan? If so, why the sympathy for the Lakers? For many of us, they are the most despised team in the NBA. I relish their irrelevancy for the the next 2 years (at minimum), especially with Kobe doing nothing but chasing Kareem's scoring record at the expense of the team.

When Kobe retires, I'll open up a big can of "I don't care".

5. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

i dont know about u OP but i am enjoying every bit of their failure

6. chandlerbang21

It pains you?? GTFO

7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

15 year old Kobe was drafted?

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I can't tell if serious, but I lol'd hard at 15 year old Kobe part

1 person likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Amen to that.

I pleases us all to see the Lakers going nowhere.

[​IMG]

10. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

This. I enjoy watching the circus unfold in LA. most importantly, they aren't the best team in LA anymore and I know that has to pain laker fans more than anything else.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

nothing to see here folks, just another Honey Boo Boo thread

12. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Yo quit the b****ing and whining and GTFO lakers fan!!! I don't give a fat Fccuk about the lakers! Houston Rockets all day!

13. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Lol what

14. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Looks like Kobe's knee just picked the direction.

15. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

No sympathy for Lakers.

16. clippy

clippy Member

Not sure what Kobe has to do with this :confused:... Lakers do better without him.

17. Menses

Menses Member

Well said. This league has been scripted for the Lakers aka the lead male actor for a long long time. It was necessary in order to sell a league that at one time was considered a drug haven for ghetto kids with too much money to waste. Magic and Bird, Kobe and Shaq were a 20 year movie complete with a star studed (celebrities at games) cast....Thats over now. Laker fans have to understand that Stern and the NBA no longer need the Lakers to be the focal point of the league. The CBA and nixing of the Chris Paul trade are proof of this. Too many other stars scattered through out the league. Lakers have to build championships like other teams do and suffer in the process....We now get to find out who the real GM's are in this league vs the pretenders....who the selfish players are vs the ones willing to take pay cuts to build winners...and which teams can survive without bail out free agent signings and refs handing them entire series on a platter....NBA's in a great place...

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Milwaukee is the only team on that list in which I believe can fairly be described as a "horrible franchise" at this juncture.

Orlando is doing a fairly nice job of rebuilding under new management and got a surprisingly good haul for trading Dwight.

Philly just acquired Sam Hinkie as General Manager in the off-season. It is clear they are going in a brand new direction and I believe they will be one of the best ran organizations in the Eastern Conference very soon (p.s. I LOVED the Holiday deal for them).

In Sacramento, the previous regime was terrible, but they have brand new ownership. I have my doubts about the Rudy Gay trade, but it is still far too early to make a judgment on this franchise right now.

And Utah has (as much as it pains me to acknowledge it), historically, been one of the best ran small market teams in the league. They're in a rough patch at the moment, but it is certainly unfair to call them a horrible franchise.

#18 Williamson, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

In the words of NBA non band wagoners fans all over the country **** the Lakers!

20. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I'm an NBA fan. I don't have a genuine city affiliation but like to see good basketball being played and brought out of young talent.

Paul George is an example of someone I can get behind.

I've been to a few Laker games and like speaking with Laker fans - their passion and knowledge for the game and it's players far exceeds what I found in Texas. A lot of people can identify with that. With all that said, it's hard to see them looking past the obvious and going with this rag tag bunch for some delusional reason.

Ie-
    It's odd to meet someone accomplished in life who keeps lying to themselves instead of telling it like it is. So kind of sad for me to see Kupchak and co. going senile.