1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers lead to land Kawhi

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsLegend, Jun 30, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

All three of those guys are definitely in the top 10. LOL damn, it sucks not being a desired organization. The only hope would be injuries. Davis has been known to spend a lot of time in a suit.

2. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I know they top 10 talent, lol my point was some might even have them as the top 3. Some believe AD better then KD. But even though he not. AD would fit well with lebron and Kawhi with him in the center. Can't win there.

amaru likes this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

I was agreeing with you lol. We're screwed lol

CALI_MOST_WANTD likes this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol he was sick in the Playoffs and people think he regressed lol he is getting better every season

RudyTBag likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Do you realize how much of an offensive upgrade Rubio to Conley is? Do you realize how deep that team is, especially if they add Bogdonovic like it’s being rumored? Take away the first two games where the Jazz had a moronic defensive game plan, and our series this year was pretty much even. Could certainly be argued that the Jazz outplayed the Rockets 3 of the 5 games, just couldn’t close them out. Conley will give the Jazz that ability.

Jazz will certainly be one of the best teams in the league if healthy, and they will definitely be much deeper than us.

6. amaru

amaru Member

You're correct, regression implies that he was at a higher skill level than he currently is. Truth is, Capela hasn't added anything to his game in the 4 seasons he's been here. Even if he will never be a post up center, it's inexcusable that a man as tall and athletic as him can't score if he's more than 5 feet from the bucket. Capela has no real footwork, no set shot, no hooks etc. If it's not a lob or a rim run he can't score.

That being said, I'm sure his URIs played a role in the playoffs. However, that doesn't explain the WCF last season. Capela was average but Green effectively made him irrelevant as far as the series went. Was he sick then too?

7. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

LeBron is due for an injury. As much as I love the guy. Building a team overnight is not that simple.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

The nets made it look pretty easy.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

A bit surprised Kawhi news hasn't dropped yet.

10. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Props to them. I cant remember another team adding so much so sudden

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

the heat did it with lebron

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hmm LeBron and Bosh joined the Heat within 2 days of each other. That's the latest example I can think of...

amaru likes this.
  13. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

This dude has broken stuff before from all major sports i trust it

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Lakers do it every few years or so. But those are destination teams. The outlier being the sorry ass knicks lol.

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Capela was also younger last season and less experienced......

Some people just don't believe in a players natural growth.

I swear this group have major meltdowns when we are not signing All Star free agents all the time.

When healthy the last 2 seasons we are nearly the best team in the NBA and we will be right up there again next season.

16. amaru

amaru Member

I definetly believe in natural growth....but that has to be augmented with hard work when nobody is watching. Harden comes back with something new almost every off-season, but I get that Capela isn't that type of player. Carl Landry is a great example of how hard work can pay off. Landry improved because he dedicated himself to the gym during the off-season. We have yet to see that kind of jump from Clint. There's no reason why he shouldn't have some level of footwork on the block or at least a midrange game.

You're right this board does meltdown when we don't sign All-Star free agents. But be careful saying that...some posters will say that you are rooting against the Rockets if you point that out.

I think we'll be among the top teams, but that isn't our ultimate goal. It's championship or bust at this point. Honestly, idk how we get there.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I'm not going against us, i just see the bigger picture pretty well. Just stay healthy next season and we will be up there again. Got to remember also that Capela is not a natural basketball player(picked up the game late), so i don't think he will be a jump shooter ever.

18. AB423

AB423 Member

I’m gonna laugh when Chris Broussard’s dumbass sources fails again