1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers Fans Among the Worst in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bongo33, Mar 17, 2011.

1. New Generation

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Did you mean Kobe fans are the worst.

LA supporters crawled into oblivion after shaq left, and crawled out of the woodworks after the Gasol robbery.

3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Jerrys Buss loves it. The celebs and "bar scene" attract more groupies for him to pick up.

4. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

the artile mentions threatt, he was on the floor for the rockets when johnny short-shorts drilled that 3 at compaq center..

5. jspeck7322

jspeck7322 Member

I just moved to LA, and got to go see the overtime game. The fans are so fn dumb. This one lady behind me was explanning to the guy she was with how #31 was Carlos Boozer and he "played on the Jazz last year", and "he's always been really good at 3's" after Shane drained a couple. (as if she REALLY knew wtf she was talking about) And everyone is so far up kobe's A$$, and I just wanted to throw up from the moment I entered staples center.

6. Moleb

Moleb Member

yeah Houston fans id say are among the worst as well.

7. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Rockets fans aren't the worst... more like middle of the pack. Honestly though, if Houston only had the Rockets as its lone professionally sports team, and sh** else going on, then you would expect a Portland or Golden State type attendance.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

[​IMG]

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

u can say that about 99% of all sports teams. who wants to watch a bad product?

but to let you know, during their mediocre years before pau arrived, they still sold near capacity. LA loves the lakers. even if LA had a football team, the lakers will always be #1

10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

i really hope golden state becomes better soon, they have a great fan base. well at the games, its packed. cant stand l.a. cuzz once kobe retires, they ll leave and lakers will be horrible until they rob someone else.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Last game I went to at Staples Center couple years ago, it did seem it was urging toward needing a more "scene setup" for all the scenesters. A nightclub ... lol. Its very stereotypical, but thats just what I noticed. They have a bar that tried to be a little "cool" than it needed to be for serving sports fans, that was an initial sign.

Houston fans are more apathetic to attending games but pretty average to good as far as knowing basketball. Laker fans will attend games, sports knowledge is secondary.

12. Steve_Francis_rules

I could see you making that argument with the Sacramento Kings (who had great attendance for years even with a bad team), but are you really trying to say that people in the San Francisco/Oakland area don't have anything else they could be doing? :confused:

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

most NBA teams don't even have a large forum. Lakers have a pretty solid forum though and the Knicks is pretty much the RealGM forum.

I don't think the Rockets are worse, you can't judge a fanbase when the team is not that good.

I think it is much worse when your team is good and still can't have great attendance rather than being bad and having bad attendance.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Knicks fans have been anything but arrogant for the last 10 years. Fatalistic is probably a better term.

Not including, of course, the famous KingStarbury and a couple of other goofballs.

Also the Garden still got pretty decent attendance even during the doldrums, more so than you'd see if the lakers (or rockets, for that matter) were sucking.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It makes for "BAD" that a fan cheers and inspires its team? Does that honestly make sense? Lakers are winning championships and in any winning situation like they you get arrogant fans.. Heck summer of 1995 after we repeat, most of our fans were gloating arrogant bafoons right up until almost the Steve Francis Era.

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

This. Knicks fans are actually imo some of the best NBA fans out. Even though it's a baseball town, NY loves basketball and the fans are more savvy about the sport than most. It's just the arrogance of New Yorkers that turns people off, and rightly so I suppose.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you have a red dot for a reason

18. Steve_Francis_rules

If you go back and read why they were labeled bad, you'd see that a lot of the fans don't really cheer on and inspire the team. They go to the games to gawk at the celebrities sitting courtside, who are often just as oblivious to the basketball themselves.

19. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

[​IMG]

20. angryburger

angryburger Member

did she follow up with "yeah, that's the ticket!" after every sentence? :grin: