1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Laker (bs) calls

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crzyxballer03, Feb 11, 2011.

1. crzyxballer03

crzyxballer03 Member

I'm not sure if I'm just blinded by my hatred of the lakers :mad: or if what I think I'm seeing is actually true, but it seems like the fakers get all the calls that REALLY MATTER, and refs give calls against the lakers most when it won't hurt them. For instance, fancy beef bryant's elbows and push offs all night long. The only time the refs called it was at the end of a quarter with like 1 sec left, when the momentum couldn't even shift in Boston's favor. That's just one example of many.

I don't know, it just seems that way to me. This season is such a disappointment, and I can't even take comfort in the fact that Boston is supposed to be able to murder la...I just need to blow off some steam. Anyone else wanna do the same? *zipping up precautionary flame suit*

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would only be mad if this happened against us, or a team that I like.

Celtics consists of many douchebags, I hate them almost as much as the Lakers

Celtics took Lakers out a couple of weeks ago, Lakers got their revenge today, they are even, I don't really care.

3. Jet036

Jet036 Member

Really? Pierce, Garnett, and who else? I like a lot of guys on that team.

4. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Rondo, Nate, Perkins, Shaq (more or less).

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Celtics fan?

6. clippy

clippy Member

Almost half of all NBA fans are Lakers fans, so the league has to cater to them. Consider that they have played 26 road games and have had more FTs in 20 of them. On the road! That's astonishing.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

and when the lakers have a lot less FTs Phil Jackson calls out the refs because they didnt call some fouls.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I hope to one day see the day when the Lakers and Celtics are irrelevant... but sadly will that day ever come?

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

Dude I like totally feel you. They are like complete douchebags. Especially Rondo. :rolleyes:

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I highly doubt that ever comes to pass .... Ive been watching the NBA since the early 70's and nothing has changed. The NBA is almost like watchin a Harlem Globe Trotters Washington Generals game the way some teams are catered to ..... but a lot less entertaining.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The other half are Celtics fans.

12. Steve_Francis_rules

That was just another one of the many great things about 1990s NBA. Both those teams were mostly irrelevant throughout much of the decade. They didn't necessarily suck, but they weren't really championship contenders.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Stop this East Coast West Coast Beef..lets not keep them relevant..The South runnin things now...viva Miami and San Antonio/Houston /Dallas

14. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Well you might wanna watch your Celtics closer because Paul Pierce pushes off with his hands all the time. I dont know why its such a big deal when it always seems to happen in the NBA.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Hmmmm one team doesn't belong but I can't quite figure out who.

1 person likes this.
  16. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

lets just hope teh spurs beats them both

17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

i dont really understand the celtic hate on here, but i ****ing cant stand the f***** lakers... especially since it is very true that they get all the important calls! may i remind u game 7 of last year's nbs finals? and dont give me the bs that the celtics got all the calls two years before, there was no way the refs could've shifted that series in the lakers favor because they just got dick slapped... **** the lakers, **** david stern, and **** the refs, especially those bastards that ****ed over the yao and the rockets in the playoffs vs the mavs :mad: oh yeah, and phil jackson definitely acts like a little b**** when the lakers dont get their usual calls...

18. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Who miami?

19. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Nah I rather the Rockets shock the world and become the first team to win a championship being the 8th seed.

20. alcatrazpsycho

Both teams aren't getting any younger... It would be ironic if the Clippers would become the new Lakers and the Lakers would become the new Clippers 2 or 3 years down the road. Would LA fans root for the team that's better? Or would they stick with purple and gold?