1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lake house/cabin/resort for weekend getaway?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Harrisment, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I know there was a previous thread on this a while back but I can't seem to find it anywhere. For a while now I've been wanting to go on a trip with the wife where we stay at a cabin on a lake somewhere. I'm looking for a spot that has fishing, swimming, and also some nice amenities that my lady will enjoy (maybe a spa?). It will just be the two of us....we don't have any kids so I'm looking for a place that is geared more for couples and not families. I'd like to stay within a few hours of the Houston area, so I was thinking maybe Lake Travis or Conroe. Any suggestions on specific locations/resorts? Thanks!

2. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I actually just got back from a trip to Wimberley, with a detour over to Canyon Lake for some jet skiing. I stayed in a cabin a few miles from there, so not technically on the lake. The lake and surrounding countryside are absolutely gorgeous, so I'd recommend doing some research into the surrounding area to see what you can find. Good luck!