1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

we'd have to listen to call in. why the heck would we force ourselves to do that?!?! i hope they get less calls and listeners so they're shows can go away.

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You can move to San Antonio if you really want to listen to the radio talk about your NBA team all day 24/7.

Hey, it only cost less than 20 bucks of gas.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah, instead people listen, don't call in to add to some more Rockets talk, and then b**** here about there not being enough Rockets talk for their standards. Sorry to say, but their shows aren't going away either. Ratings are good.

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Charlie Pallilo talks lots of the rockets, sometimes, bit of too much.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Just listen to Charlie P. He talks Rockets every day and so do most of his callers. Not to mention his segments with Matt Bullard and Kevin McHale.

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Charlie Pallilo is the only show that gives the rockets fair coverage. He understands that right now that's the only local sports team playing and gives 50/50 coverage between rockets and super bowl talk.

610 is still dominated by texan talk which is understandable since it's the texans station, doesn't mean I like it or will listen.

The show I have most issue with is Proper gentleman because it's very obvious how Lance wants to dominate the conversation with football. To all the people saying "oh they just talked rockets for 15 minutes" yeah they do talk Rockets, no one is saying they don't but 80% of the time when you tune in, they are talking about Football.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Unlike Charlie,

they don't watch most of the Rockets' games. Hence they don't have much to talk about it.

Not everyone as "gifted" as Skip Bayless.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He does but... but all it is -- What about Dragic? What about Calderon?

9. Scarface281

Adam Clanton does (also does the post game show sometimes). Him and their producer Michael always bring the Rockets up, especially the morning after a game.

10. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Podcasts you plebs wtf. Are you still Getting your new music from fm radio too?

11. Scarface281

How else do you get new music?

12. Indaface

Indaface Member

I have pretty much completely blown off sports talk since around September (after listening to it daily) and it was one of the best choices I have ever made. Why do I want to hear what some idiot that has an agenda has to say about my favorite team.

13. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Yeah Charlie Palilo was talking rockets non-stop yesterday. He's the main host that gives them attention. I frequently e-mail with him back and forth and he's always down to talk rockets.

I hate the proper gentlemen of sports with the exception of when Tad Brown, Joel Blank, or Daryl Morey are on to talk Rockets for a few minutes.

In the trenches seems to be all football which is understandable.

MT is a cool guy, he talks about the Rockets the 2nd most behind CP.

I don't listen to 610

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Adam Clanton had Kevin Murphy on the radio this week, that was a very good interview.

15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

But what about Joe Ming? Stacy McGrady? Pharrel Morey? Those are interviews I want to hear!

16. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Should be Calvin Murphy, former rockets player, not Kevin. Thanks.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We go deep into the playoffs or win the Chip this season, we will be all over the sound waves.

We all know this is a football city so of course it's going to dominate the sound waves.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Do yall really care that much to hear somebody else's opinion on the Rockets? I much rather hear my friend's take or come on here. I can only stomach talk radio for comedy.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It is just annoying when Lance talk so much NFL draft stuff. Who cares about offensive linemen or defensive linemen? He thinks he knows all this stuff about football yet he was was praising Johnny and kind of trashing teddy and we now how he turned out. He likes to act he is some sort of football expert because he studies tape. He is no expert just like most of these scouts are no experts.

How about he talk about the games. As far as I know the only games going on are the rockets.

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Some of yall should just stop, because it's obviose that you don't even listen to the shows. These generalizations are like 2 years old and extremely inaccurate.