1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LA Times] Sanity is suspended in the NBA (because Fisher is suspended?)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zman2002, May 8, 2009.

1. zman2002

zman2002 Member

Link

Please lock it up if already posted.

The caption for the Fisher's dirty cheap shot reads: Rockets forward Luis Scola falls  :confused: backward after Lakers point guard Derek Fisher collided  :confused: with him during Game 2 on Wednesday night.

Who are we kidding here?

2. ACL1

ACL1 Member

yeah read this. unfortunately there is no roonm to leave a comment, or i would have added that :
    Objectivity is suspended for LA times Journalist.

the guy must be trying for Fox news spot.

3. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

I started to read that piece of crap article this morning, but quit. As soon as I could see where it was going, I threw up my coffee and started working instead.

Maybe the legalization of pot is affecting a lot more than just those who need it for "medical" reasons.

4. chl

chl Member

I just sent an e-mail to mark.heisler@latimes.com... it says: sir, you are an idiot and blind bat.

5. zman2002

zman2002 Member

And it reads...

Now Bryant hitting Artest with a one-inch elbow as they wrestle for position under the hoop is a flagrant foul?

6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

LOL not everybody can be pleased. Funny how on NBA.com the story was Fisher's shoulder and head collided with Scola !!! These guys are too funny because they know they're lying. How about we call Dr.Phil or any of those shows with the polygraph test and ask them to watch the video and ask them: "Do you see Fisher throwing a elbow at Scola, do you see Kobe elbowing Artest etc." Then ask Stu especially if Kobe deserves to be suspended after watching the two elbows in game 1 & 2. That show will be a real shocker !!! :D

7. The Joker

The Joker Member

I too wrote an email, basically saying take off your Purple and Yellow tinted glasses and see your Lakers for the dirty scum they are.

8. chl

chl Member

No chance. We need a revolt of some kind from Rocks or fans to get some fair calls for the team.

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

What I hear most from that article is "entitlement." His mention about how the NBA should be happy because teams in the "big cities" like NY and LA have new management, complaining about the Stoudamire foul because it led to the "lowest rated Finals ever," etc. LA is all about entitlement, just like the Yankees and the Cowboys. You know, we should be in the Super Bowl because we're the Cowboys. We should be in the Finals because we're the Lakers. If I remember correctly, the 1994 Finals was one of the lowest-rated ever, and there was a NY team involved, was there not? Yes, the Lakers with Shaq had pretty decent ratings, but definitely not more than the Bulls.

The whole "we should be in the Finals because we bring up ratings" is ridiculous. Teams with the best talent should be there, period. That's why the Lakers have as many haters as fans. I'd venture to say just as many people tune in to watch them lose as those that want them to win. I mean, really, what exactly do people root for on that team? Mind Games Jackson? Dirt Bag Bryant? Hair Pie Vujacheck? NetSmart Odom? Bunch of losers. Really.

10. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

That's just outrageous and confusing at the same time. Did we watched the same game wednesday night as this guy? How in the world can he complaint about Fisher's suspension? :confused:

This guy is a journalist or just a Lakers fan? What a great piece of writing to show today's standard for sports journalism. :(

11. Tuan

Tuan Member

I am sick of all these media outlets proclaiming that the Lakers are now "tough" because of their actions on Wednesday night. I understand that the media and the NBA want the Lakers to advance, but nothing the Lakers did on Wednesday was tough; all they proved was that they are a bunch of dirty poor losers.

Anyone read J.A Adande's articles on ESPN? The underlying theme of any of his recent articles are that the Lakers are now tough, thereby making the series more entertaining. Any compliments towards the Rockets are slight with the major emphasis in how the Lakers are suddenly tough.

Reading all this crap makes me want to barf.

1 person likes this.
  12. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

Hmm.. no wonder LA fans are so disillusioned if they are reading garbage like that. Wow!

13. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

This article, as far as I can tell, says "Big Media cities like Boston, New York, and LA should be favored because we bring up higher ratings. If those teams commit ridiculous fouls like the Rondo attack or the Fisher "shove" :rolleyes: , that's okay, because they're media cities, and ratings go up."
    This has to be a joke, or the writer has no integrity whatsoever.

14. gotsis

gotsis Member

stopped reading after coming across this line: "Oops, there goes another one: Derek Fisher, tried to run through Luis Scola's screen at an improper speed, and he is suspended for a game."

this dude is joking right ???

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LMFAO, "one-inch elbow" ? Is he blind? he cocks back, and it's about 6-7 inches.

Second - I wonder if the writer has ever thrown or been hit by an elbow.

We trained with elbows back when I did muay thai. You could cut or injure somebody with those things SO easily, since it was like hitting them with rock in the face. We wern't taught to load up and deliver huge elbows like a big giant roundhouse punch - that was the beauty of the elbow. Just a short, sharp, quick blow and you could KO somebody, break their nose, cut their eye, etc.

I'd like to stand three inches from writer's face and toss a short elbow into his nose. Hell anybody could do it, you don't really even need training. Then we'll see if he still thinks it's harmless.

16. GMNot

GMNot Member

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction. In fact, if all the NBA executives would get an elbow in some sort of tutoring class they might appreciate the very real danger of injury.

17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Wow. That article was utter comedy, in a kind of sick way. He basically said that because there wasn't a fight, there shouldn't be a suspension or flagrant. Well, okay then. Back to the Rambis-McHale days we go then, and we can sic Ron with all six of his personal fouls on Kobe to just beat the ***** out of him. Let's see how he likes it then.

Even better was the notion that because it's the playoffs and the world mustn't be robbed of the Lakers' brilliance, penalties for their douchebaggery should be delayed to the beginning of next season, when it doesn't matter. Hey, look. I'm sure any NBA coach without a conscience would be more than happy to get his entire team suspended for the first month of next season to cheapshot their way to a title under that method.

The best part of all was the "one-inch elbow" line. I know there's delusional people out there. But my god, what kind of drugs do you have to be on to call that windup "one inch"?

18. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Well it's Hollywood. If boobies can be faked, pretty much everything you've seen could be just illusion.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I like to think great newspapers like the LATimes is above this kinda krap. :D

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't barf on your salad. Good post. Anyone catch this "snippet" from the LA Times? Seems they are pulling out all stops in their attempt to belittle Houston, our basketball fans, and even our girls basketball teams.

Check this out:

View from the other bench

"The 6-foot-8 Brittney Griner made headlines by consistently putting up triple-doubles and taking the girls' game above the rim by dunking regularly."

Sorry. That's a snippet from a Houston Chronicle article on the All-Greater Houston girls' basketball team.

My bad.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-brez-lakers8-2009may08,0,4703657.story

Personally, I think the "snippet" made the LA writer look like an ass and an idiot, but maybe that's just me. In other words, for those who don't "get it," the Rockets are basically a girls basketball team. Looks like material for the Rockets locker room. God, how I hope we kick their butts from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean. :mad: