1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LA TIMES] Mobley is Target of Clippers (UPDATE: Cat to sign with Clips)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Hottoddie, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Have fun in Clipper hell Cat.....

Guess it is all about the money after all.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think cat wanted LA more than denver because of the night life. he is a party animal.

i'm happy the nuggets didn't get him. they would've been a top 4 team in thw west for sure.

3. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

If Maggette wants to play the 3, they might think Cuttino is better suited for the 2 spot..

4. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

He also wants to get into the entertainment business. LA is perfect for what he wants to do after basketball.

5. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Good, keeps his ass out of Denver.. I am happy for him getting the fat coin though..

6. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Gotta love it when you are a target of one of the worst 3 franchises in the NBA. I think the only worse organizations to be a target of would be Utah and Atlanta.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He already took a huge pay-cut to play here. People should wish him the best. :rolleyes:

8. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Looks like Cat's enjoying the windfall from Simmon's signing. Eight million a year? Wow.

Good for Cuttino.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Good for Cat.

Bad for us. We do need a young, fast 2/3. Cat isn't a newcomer anymore, so I wasn't thinking about him per se, but to land such a player, we're gonna have to get creative.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

COngrats, Cat, on the contract. I'm sorry it's with a cursed organization.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

He's about to turn 30, so this will probably be his last shot at a big money contract.

A lot of people jump on players for signing for more money for a bad or mediocre team, but NBA championships aren't guaranteed just because you sign with a good team. The Kings are on the downside, so he's not going to win a title with them, and it's not like San Antonio, Detroit, Miami, or Phoenix were beating down the door to get him

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Gotta love it when you're gonna get paid 42M over the next 5 years for doing something you love. :D

I wonder if the Hawks will ever be good again? And I wonder if you can buy Coke (cola) in Utah?

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Why can't I get the Apprentice theme song out of my head after looking at this thread?

Hope things work well in LA for you Cat - should get more exposure.

Evan

14. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

BTW Cat...fire your publicist. :D

15. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I'm glad he didn't sign with the Nugs as well.

16. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, don't worry. At some point in the next couple of years the front office will blow that team up and Cat will be playing with a contender again.

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Dan Gadzuric of the Bucks 6yrs/36M, Z 5/60M. I didn't thing Dan Gadzuric would be resigned by the Bucks after they signed Bogut.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At last,
    we can root for a NBA team in LA!

Go Cuttino!

19. foodworld

foodworld Member

Hmmm... well, Gadzuric isn't a starting-quality big on most playoff teams, however he is a great energy guy off the bench at the right price. And $6/mil a year is pretty reasonable.

I'd much rather have Chandler, who I hope will overcome his back issues. Not sold on Dalembert though.

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Cat lives with his mom, likes to go clubbing, and likes being popular in NBA and entertainment circles. He's not an apparent jerk, is friendly with the public, and played his heart out with the Rockets for 40+ minutes a night; and despite his shortcomings as a player, produced effeciently on offense and defense for a very demanding coach without public complaint. It's not like he was ever poor, but no reason to begrudge him for taking the jackpot.