1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[LA Daily blog] Kobe suggests that Bynum get some tutoring from Deke

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by magnetik, Jan 12, 2007.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I didn't see this posted but if it is.. please lock.. pretty interesting for Kobe to say.. when Bynum is being trained by Kareem.

Source

I think AB needs to sharpen them elbows... check out this list of victims of Deke.. and this doesn't include the clubbing of Tmac or the last one on Lebron. hehe no wonder no one wants to ever go into the paint.

Source
    April 20, 2004: Kenyon Martin, hit in the eye and retaliated by clubbing Mutombo across the arm. Received a technical foul
    March 31, 2003: Yao Ming, hit in the throat. Mutombo assessed flagrant foul
    Feb. 4, 2002: Vince Carter, hit in the gut
    May 16, 2001: Vince Carter, hit in the head. Carter did not return to Game 6 of the Eastern Conference playoffs
    May 6, 2001: Chris Childs, broken nose
    Feb. 26, 2001: Ray Allen, broken nose
    Jan. 13, 2001: Corey Maggette, eye trauma
    Dec. 28, 2000: Chauncey Billups, hit in the mouth, four stitches, fractured front tooth
    Feb. 6, 1999: Jayson Williams, broken nose
    May 4, 1999: Mark Strickland, broken nose
    May 8, 1999: Lindsey Hunter, left eye
    May 8, 1999: Christian Laettner, cut on face
    April 9, 1999: Chris Childs, lost a tooth; Marcus Camby, shot to throat; Larry Johnson, hit in the head; Patrick Ewing, hit in the head
    March 4, 1999: Kevin Willis, injured shoulder. Missed several games
    May 6, 1997: Dennis Rodman, retaliated and ejected with second technical foul
    April 12, 1997: Tom Gugliotta, broken nose
    Jan. 30, 1997: Antoine Carr, knocked senseless
    Jan. 4, 1997: Charles Oakley, four stitches to the lip
    Oct. 22, 1996: Michael Jordan, bloodied nose (preseason game)
    April 10, 1994: Robert Horry, hit in the head, fell to the floor
    Dec. 30, 1993: Chris Webber; Mutombo later ejected for taunting Chris Gatling
    Dec. 28, 1991: Robert Parish, hit the floor
    Nov. 29, 1991: Ricky Pierce, 12 stitches in forehead

#1 magnetik, Jan 12, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  2. hangxy

hangxy Member

This Bynum kid is cocky!

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I guess this is expected since he probably looks up to KB24

4. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

yea he we walks around like the nba owes him something. he should look at mount mutombo and see just how high he has to climb to be a good center or at least a good starting player.

5. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

dudes only 19 tho.. can't really expect him to act or talk like a season veteran... hell.. I remember how bad I was at that age. :D

6. Buck Turgidson

April 9, 1999 was a good day to be Dikembe, and a bad day to be a Knick (well, every day is).

7. uchlha

uchlha Member

April 9, 1999: Chris Childs, lost a tooth; Marcus Camby, shot to throat; Larry Johnson, hit in the head; Patrick Ewing, hit in the head

dude thats crazy lol all in one game

8. TracyMcCrazyeye

Lebron James - broken cheek bone

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

kobe already taught him that part

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think this is what JVG was referring to when he said, "Deke's like a tornado. He sets a destructive path. Sometimes it hurts those that you love the most."

Deke must have been on a rampage that night. :D

11. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

And that list doesn't include injuries in practice (didn't he get T-Mac last season, or the season before in practice?), surely there would be more injuries during practice as well...

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Parrish
    Webber
    Oakley
    Carr
    Rodman
    Willis

Damn. That list is not just little guys getting creamed on a layup. Deke's taken out some big, tough guys.

13. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Add Lebrons nose to that list.

14. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

And Tmac's head

15. Highwire

Highwire Member

No wonder nobody wants to be around to fight for a rebound with Deke. The guy is a destroyer.

16. crimson_rocket

Bynum has a swagger that Phil like, but on the flip sides, has absolutely no respect for the great players at his position. Remember before he even came in the league he commented that at least he could shoot free throws, a not so subtle jab at Shaq. Compare that to Yao who always says Shaq is great and wants to play his best. If I was a veteran in the league, it would thrill me to no end to put that kid in his place.

17. Prosun

Prosun Member

This is what Bynum should've said:

Dikembe Mutombo builds hospitals. Therefore, Dikembe Mutombo can do whatever the hell Dikembe Mutombo wants to do, PERIOD.

18. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

this Bynum guy is really getting on my nerves. first of all, I HATE any player who plays with the Lakers (at least as long as Kobe is there). omg, I would even hate TMac if he went to L.A. now Bynum is another story. the guy is so freakin overrated!! they made him "the Next Shaq" and stuff. the guy is just another scrub who happened to make a lucky spin move on Shaq in a Heat blowout and he had an uncontested dunk, after the game, it was labeled as "monstrous dunk over the head of Shaquille O'neal" . this drives me crazy.

and in this article, they didn't include his full quote. I read somewhere else that he said "I dont care about his blocks, I block shots too" right before he started with the "he got a couple nice blocks...I dont wag my finger...". I am looking forward for out next meeting with them, I would really enjoy seeing a Deke elbow on Bynum to knock him unconcious. :rolleyes: dang, they should teach kids to have some respect for older guys especially if they got OWNED by them..

19. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I can tell you Bynum isn't so bright.

While he was in high school ESPN got his myspace, lol, it was hilarious, you had to see it, really showed his stupidity.

20. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

i hate it when bynum thinks he is something already... the dude acts like he is a star and he will get called for travelling almost ever time i see him on tv when he posts up. Maybe he should call yao up for some offensive techniques too