1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LA Clippers Win Streak Watch..

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SK34, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

Warriors are good right now. Sorry but they're not beating the warriors twice.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I gotta say if Utah doesn't beat them tomorrow, they've got it.

3. SK34

SK34 Member

I don't want UTAH to win tho..If UTAH loses we remain ahead of them in the playoff race.. IF they win, they get closer to the ROckets. Let the Warriors beat them.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its only been half a season.

5. SK34

SK34 Member

every game counts...

6. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Starting to look scary.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I predict they will lose Tuesday at Denver.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

If not against Denver, that GS/LAL/GS at the end of the week looks promising for a loss.

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i dont think they can survive that schedule, especially with the back to backs... as good as they are they are overdue for a loss. their depth gives them a slight chance though

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Can some1 explain to me how they are doing this? Sure they have Paul, Griffin, Jordan, Crawford & Butler but is the team really coming together and playing solid, fundamental basketball or what? Not to be a hater, but how do they manage to have 2 all-stars + all those other good players signed??

While the Clippers are winning with a talent with more experience and talent than our own 2008 Rockets, their numbers are quite impressive. The Clippers are blowing teams out with most teams between 75-90 OPPG and 100-110 PPG themselves and are top 7 in both categories. For comparison, the Rockets though better defensively between at keeping most teams in 70-80 OPPG range offensively only got between 90-100.

I wish it was another team doing it, but they will get my respect as I've heard they cut way down on flopping and sit at the top of the West. The numbers and balls don't lie!

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

CP3 has grown up from a few years ago when he was the whiniest complainer and most flopping player in the NBA. Blake seems to have dropped the macho-feminine act of glaring at opponents after every dunk while flopping like a sissy whenever someone looked at him wrong. I used to despise the Clippers because of these two guys but they have my respect now.

Props to the Clippers for filling out their roster and to coach Vinny for not getting in the way. It's a long season and I still have doubts about them because you don't win championships peaking in December. Still, this is a very nice run.

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Tnx! I am also cautious about saying they're the best or going to win it all because right now I still see OKC & Spurs as better and if they come across either one, it's over.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just curious...y'all are aware that the 22 game win streak, while awesome and something to remember, is not the record, right?

14. SK34

SK34 Member

Yessir, 33 by Lakers, 22 by Rockets... We just care for the rockets tho. 22 game winning streak is something.

15. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I don't see how they beat a Lakers team eager to prove a point.

16. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Depth and buying in. They are sooooo deep. They have elite starter-caliber players coming off the bench in guys like Crawford and Bledsoe. They have everybody playing within their roles and buying into sacrificing stats for wins.

They're a fun team to watch, and it's rare when everything comes together for a team like this, where the players aren't particularly interested in minutes and production as long as they're notching W's.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

As much as I dislike Paul, you've got to give him the due respect for his leadership quality. Statistically, he's as consistent as ever. But his intangible is what put the team together. He should be in MVP discussion along with LeBron and Durant.

18. clippy

clippy Member

The Lakers can try all they want. They just aren't that good. They are old and slow and playing in an offense that is contingent on everyone being an outside threat, which deflates rheir main advantage. They may very well beat the Clippers but that will be because the Clippers have a brutal schedule prior to the encounter, not because the Lakers are suddenly "eager".

19. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

So what are you saying exactly? No way the Lakers beat them, but just in case they do and you're wrong, it's a fluke because they will have played the Warriors a full 2 days earlier? And playing with 2 days rest is serious business? lol ok man

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No it doesn't.