1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LA announcers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brooksstephens, Dec 18, 2005.

1. brooksstephens

WOW! These guys are horrible. Makes Matt Bullard look like Al Michaels. The Worst Ever. It's kinda awkward, I'm not trying to be funny when I say that at times, it sounds like a mentally r****ded man is doing the commentary.

2. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

They sound like prison speakers

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

what you guys are talking about. Stu Lance has been the color man since Chick Hearn's day. Very objective with quick wits here and there. Now the other guy is the biggest homer ever. He was doing radio last year.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I agree, they are horrible. Half the time, it seems like they aren't even covering the game, they are too busy verball jerking off Big Game James.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i love the lakers announcers. big time homers who have no problem complimenting the other team and being objective on replays and such. also into the action and exciting to listen to.

they're like bill and calvin in those respects, though obviously not as good overall.

6. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Stu is great, but obviously a lot is lost without Chick. Stu knows a lot about basketball, but Chick just brings a special flavor to the play-by-play.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Laker announcers are not the most exciting, but they are from the worst ever. Those of us who have League Pass a few years can tell you that Boston, Clevland, Sometimes Denver and a few others have way worse announcers.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

My first year with league pass and Boston's announcers are just scary ridiculous.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

the announcers tonight did a great job of going for their team, but still being objective. they called things out like "well, we got that same call on the other end so we can't blame them" and "oh man, kobe got away with one right there", etc. Things I can't stand when other announcers just ignore or make up an excuse for.

10. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

That is what I heard. Nice job I thought.

11. haven

haven Member

Boston's announcers are entertainment. If you take them seriously, they suck. If you just sit back, crack open a cold one, and enjoy the silliness...they're fun.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the new laker annoucner is so horrible to a point where its just isnt professional anymore i cant stand him at all.

13. Willy92683

Willy92683 Member

If you think the lakers and boston announcers are bad... wait until you hear the kings announcers.

Grant Napear and Jerry Reynolds are true homers... :eek:

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Ol' Red and White, if you don't like them, YOU DON'T LIKE NBA BASKETBALL. :)

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the problem is i'm too sure that heinsohn (sp?) is serious and so i can't not take him seriously. he's tough to put up with.

i wanna say one of the memphis announcers died last year so i don't wanna say too much bad about them but they complained about the refs more than any crew i've heard.

toronto's crew seems to practically root for the other team.

if marv albert is doing a knicks game it's a good game to listen to. he works well with frazier.

orlando's crew is also one of the more objective crews and they do a good job.

while it helps that i don't hate the lakers like a lot of people, i'd probably say they're my favorite crew to listen to.

16. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Can you blame them?

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Michael Tompson is the biggest homer announcer. I am so tired of hearing his biased takes. Last night he said something like, "TMac is a great player. He needs to pick up his defense. That's what Kobe has a clear edge over him." :mad:

I say, "Yeah, right. Kobe needs to stop being the GM and be a team player. That's what TMac has a clear edge over him." :rolleyes:

18. Toast

Toast Member

That's one place where Bill Walton really takes the prize. I love comments like, "Well he obviously had a better angle on it than I did" on those phantom fouls. The words are always on the side of the refs, but the delivery ... not so much :D